Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Talkback 10/28 -It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 8/7c on ABC

What?

There is no comparison. Last night's Simpsons episode was trash. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is an enduring masterpiece.

Simple as that.

Why do you continue to watch The Simpsons if you think the series isn't any good anymore? Three years ago the quality of the show, in my opinion, had declined to such an extent that I vowed never to watch again. I've mostly been faithful to that promise as I have never seen a full episode of The Simpsons produced beyond 2005. I made an exception for the movie as I figured the writers HAD to have put more effort into it than they would have an average episode. While it was better than the last few episodes I saw before I stopped watching, it was still nowhere near the quality of the show's glory days.

I suppose my point is that I don't understand why you continue to watch it if you don't like it. I've read your posts and for the last few years you've had very little positive things to say about The Simpsons. Will you ever reach a point, like I have, where you say "enough is enough"?

Will I ever say "enough is enough"?

I doubt it. As much as the show frustrates me in it's ineptness I still watch it out of (perhaps misplaced) loyalty. What's being churned out now may not be very good but as whole The Simpsons is really one of my all-time favorite shows. The best of The Simpsons is leagues ahead of anything else I ever enjoyed (Family Guy, South Park, the Eds, Spongebob) and I've been a devoted fan since the Tracy Ullman days. I can't bring myself to turn around after 20 years of loyalty and just stop watching the show. I'm with this show to the bitter end.

Now South Park, there's a show I can honestly see myself giving up. I've never been tempted to turn off a Simpsons episode. These days the thought crosses my mind at least twice a half-season of South Park. This particular half-season (last night's episode included) has been painful.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information