Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Holy Crap: It's Family Guy's 10th Anniversary!

No, when did that happen?

And I'm a bit puzzled at people who say Family Guy was ever about the characters and the stories, when....it's never been about those things. If we were talking about that other nuclear family animated show on Fox, than sure, you'd have a point, but...Seth has even admitted himself, that he always goes back to the gags and the cutaways.

I seriously cannot believe that this show is ten years old, but that mainly is because of I didn't hear about it until 2003.

I remember seeing Road to Rhode Island on it's first airing (including the now-cut scene with Osama Bin Laden. At least I think it was the first airing). I think I saw like 5 or 6 episodes in the shows first run, mostly from the second season.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Funny that they sing that in the opening and the post-revival episodes represent sex and violence.

Actually only Peter and Lois had their eyebrows removed. Brian, Chris and Meg never had eyebrows.

Anyway, I remember when the series was actually watchable and funny (seasons 1-3).

Funny, FG has always had sex and violence as far as I can recall :shrug:

Why would you post this in a thread obviously meant for fans of the show to post in, specially in such a snarky manner?

10 years already? Wow, I remember when it first premiered...I feel old.

Yeah, it's hard to believe it's the 10th anniversary already. I remember seeing the ads for it at the time it premiered, but never watched it. It wasn't until my brother and I started catching the repeats on Adult Swim in 2003 that we really discovered it. We quickly bought the DVDs to catch up with all that we had missed, and we've been fans ever since.

I admit, the last couple seasons since the revival have been a bit lackluster and I do miss the slightly-less-zany style of the early episodes, but we still find it a funny cartoon. Though we've since given up on watching the new episodes as they premiere because of Fox's funky scheduling antics and instead just wait for DVD.

This is very close to how it was for me too, except without the brother part.

And thank you, Jave.

10 years of Family Guy. Ah I remember watching the pilot episode and having a good laugh at it. Sure the earlier season of Family Guy are enjoyable, but I still enjoy the current season enough to continue buying the DVDs for it. Hell the best part was when it was first canceled, and FOX only brought it back due to the DVD sales and Adult Swim rating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information