Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Christmas-in-July" cartoons?

"Everybody *loves* Christmas in July!" ---Jen, 6Teen

This particular trope's come up occasionally in a few cartoons, so I was wondering what cartoons have made use of "Christmas in July", i.e. having St. Nick, seasonal festivities, etc. show up in July...

What I can think of:

- The 1979 Rankin-Bass animated feature "Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas In July", featuring the two trying to save a seashore circus around the Fourth of July. Seemed to be a "wrapup" for the various classic Rankin-Bass specials, as various previous specials are made in this one (Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, the Year without a Santa Claus, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, Rudolph's Shiny New Year)...

- The 6Teen episode "A Lime to Party" features Caitlin trying to think of a way to save the Lemon from going under to Jonesy's new job, the "Party Lime." Jen suggests "Christmas in July" as a theme---cue the gang sitting around in Santa hats, looking miserable (with cheesy synthesized version of "Deck the Halls" playing). Funny...

- The "Garfield and Friends" episode "Heatwave Holiday": to keep cool, Jon, Odie and Garfield get the idea to celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer... which somehow gets carried away to the rest of the town...

Any other examples?

-B.

In an Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy short tiled "Fa-La-La-La-Ed", Ed gets the idea to celebrate Christmas in the middle of Summer, while Eddy sees it as an opportunity to for the Eds to go caroling for jawbreakers.

There was also an episode of It's Punky Brewster titled "Christmas in July", in which Glomer takes Punky and the gang to the North Pole to meet Santa Claus in July.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How about the 1986 animated special "Christmas Every Day" where Christmas even makes it into Summer and July because of a wish a turn of the century girl made on an ornament to wish for Christmas Every Day for 1 year? It aired on the CBS owned and operated stations and later on USA Network.

I remember that one---I haven't seen it in years! Same for that "Punky Brewster" episode (or, I suppose, the original sitcom itself)...

I don't know how much this counts, but in The Simpsons episode Papa's Got A Brand New Badge Springfield is going through a heat wave, so Homer decides to try and bring winter to his family by plugging in a dancing Santa Claus that sings "Jingle Bell Rock." The Santa proceeds to dance for a few seconds, then blows out the circuit and causes a blackout for all of Springfield, which results in a riot.

Fairly Oddparents also did an episode just like that, where Timmy wished for Christmas to be every day... resulting in the other holiday mascots getting ticked off and wanting revenge on Santa for stealing their holidays.

The Super Mario World episode Cave Christmas has Mario and company throwing Christmas during summer to get the Cave People to behave (Since the Cave People don't know that Christmas comes in December, they pretty much get away with it).

No visits from Santa or his elves & reindeers, but we get Mario taking up the part as St. Nick, with Yoshi flying the sleigh.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information