Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dub Hate

Dub Hate

From reading these posts I would surmise, the most "vocal" people are Sub fans, but in all reality there are a lot more Dub fans than you would think.

I normally watch 50-50.

Dub Hate

Unless the dub is really bad or not that good (yugioh 5d's) I'll watch subs. But 99% of the time I'll choose a dubs. Those people are just dub haters who have a biased opinon who think the japanesse language is the best even though most of them don't understand it. They comment on youtube videos about a dub just to trash it. It's sad

Dub Hate

For me - I perfer to watch dubs of my favorite shows.
    Bakugan, pokemon, and most importantly yugioh (any of the 3 series)

I just do not feel comfortable about watching the original japanese versions + subs. Because well, there's severeal reasons for me.

*I dont want to have to keep looking down reading what people are saying, then move my eyes back up to watch what's going on ..then constantly keep lookign down to see if the next line appears, back and forth nonstop ..cause i won't be able to pay attention to the actual show itself.
    * I don't like watching on computer compared to TV. My computer's motherboard can not support any cards for TV-cards or whatever. So i wouldn't be able to.

I've just always perferred to wait and watch my shows on TV, in english. Saturday morning's, new episodes of shows, so that's the time of the week i look forward to the most than any other time in the week period

There's this one person in a irc room i hang out in that's been begging me to watch my shows in the orgiinal japanese versions with subs.
    I know it's a million times better and everything, but i keep tellign him no repeatedly.
    It's just my honest, personal prefrence.

Dub Hate

My preference to watching Japanese productions in their original language is due to the fact that I know Japanese and want to expand my knowledge of it anyway I can, not out of hatred for dubs.

Dub Hate

I watch the dub first, no matter how bad it is.
    If the English one is pretty bad, I look around for a Korean one, and if it's better, I watch that version.
    Then if I feel the need to, I might watch subs later.
    I just like to watch the show in a language I understand.

I can understand simply preferring to watch with subs, doesn't mean they're weeaboos,
    but totally marking off a dub as bad just because it's not the original is a little silly.

Dub Hate

Yeah but most jokes wouldn't make hardly any sense on Subtitles either, with subtitles (in any language) something's get misintepreted most of my hispanic friends tell each other jokes and they tell me and it makes no sense because it's funny in their language .I watch sub shows that don't have an english dub and i'm like this would've have been so much better in english it's not a biased thing for me, but if I knew japanese I loved the option to really understand what their saying

Dub Hate

As far as opinions of english dubs go Toon Zone is one of the most open minded and positive sites out there.

Personally i prefer dubs because Tv shows are meant to be watched. When I want to read I pick up a book or a comic. Reading TV to me is like listening to a book on tape, it ruins the purpose. But I will watch a sub is the dub out right sucks, like with love Hina.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information