Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"Futurama: Bender's Big Score" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

In a interview on IGN, one of the creators said that some of the secrets of the first movie would be solved in the 2nd movie.

People complain about futurama being canceled all the time on toon zone and now that its back this thread is barely 2 pages?

The movie was great, I really enjoyed it at the beginning a few things felt a bit forced but it was all gone later IMO. Any complains I may have had were mostly gone by the time the movie ended. I didn't see the leela plot twist coming until almost the end so it was especially fun for me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Like the majority, I absolutely adored the movie which just felt like one large Futurama episode, which obviously remains a good thing. While I could complain that Fry and Leela's on and off romance is getting tiresome at this point, it's hard to when it's handled brilliantly and even more shocking when Leela's boyfriend Lars ends up being someone I never expected (now that's some plot twist), same voice actor or not (I just figured they only used Billy West to flavor it up).

I could theorize on the complexities of time travel use, but it's so well conceived and in keeping with their own logics of time traveling. And mostly, I could point out potential inconsistencies, but it's hard to when they can wrap a great story rifled flawlessly with continuity from past episodes that sends out little rewards to Futurama fans. I can only hope the four movies will indeed give Futurama the triumphant farewell it deserved (not that I'm saying "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings" wasn't a bad thing).

Till then, color me pleased.

....That's what tipped me off to Lars' real identity...the fact that he sounded sort of like a more mature version of the character he turned out to be,and that he looked a bit like him...

I figured it out right at the start,but I just wasn't sure how they were going to pull it off...

I didn't pick up on the Fry/Lars thing until they started flashing back to past Fry after Bender *killed* him. When they showed him with the beard and aging, I started to realize what was happening.

What I was hoping for, was a scene of Fry giving Yancy or Phillip the four leaf clover. Like if Yancy found it in the record album, then put it back, only to have Fry give it to him to give to Phillip when he needed it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I saw this a few days ago but wanted everything to sink in before I wrote anything.

Bad:

-The humor just didn't have that ZEST that the TV show did. Something was missing.
    -It bothered me that Nibbler talked, but didn't wipe anyone's memories.
    -The Nibblonians can defeat large, evil brains, but couldn't even withstand getting hit by chairs by those disgusting aliens?
    -The time travel thing got very confusing, probably around the time (heh) Bender went back to 2000 to kill Fry. Why was Yancy's son still named Phillip if Fry went back to his time and therefore never "disappeared"?
    -Leela being all giggly and flirty with Lars got on my nerves very quickly. And poor Fry! I'm really tired of them going all over the place with this relationship.
    -The songs were boring and didn't do anything for me.
    -LaBarbara was so FLIGHTY! She kept jumping back and forth on the men she wanted to be with. I wanted to slap her!

The Good:

-Lars turning out to be Fry was very, very clever. I didn't figure it out until close to the end. I don't think I made the connection because I figured it was an instance where a voice actor will do several people in one show, or they were going for irony.
    -While many jokes fell flat, some made me giggle or actually laugh out loud - "Is he being polite to you? Want me to beat him up?" *Fry to Leela* "I'm sciencing as fast as I can!" *Farnsworth*
    -Copy Fry's life in the past was very touching and cute. Both Frys learned to let the things you love go, so they can be happy. My one nitpick - 12 years and he was still wearing the same clothes?

As for the Fry/Leela shippers, I think there was enough to make us happy (even in a weird, twisty way). However, the usual "reset" of the relationship is making me frustrated. Leela just can't seem to like Fry unless he's changed somehow - I'm thinking of the worm episode and the alternate universe episode. But after some thinking, I have come to the conclusion that Lars is what Fry has the potential to be. When Lars (or Copy Fry) thought he would never see her again, he stopped focusing on trying to win her, and found a purpose in life. When he did that, he matured and became a better person for it. If the "right" Fry can do that, maybe she'll come to him one day when he isn't even thinking about dating. I hope they at least address something else about this situation in the other movies, though.

In almost any other cartoons, that would have tipped me off, too, but I'm so used to anything Matt Groening's cartoons does in that one voice actor will play multiple people and if I remember, I know Billy West did his fair share of several characters in Futurama.

Nah, the Omicronians are warriors, not scammers. They'd sooner blow up the Earth than swipe it out from under us. That wouldn't have worked.

Late to the party y'all. Just got this feature in the mail. It is so good to have Futurama back. What's better than a billion Benders???

Some of my favorite lines:

"No I mightn't!!!" - Fry
    "Kiss my front butt!" - Hermes
    "Well I always said you were a little forward...WITH MY WIFE!!!" - Hermes
    "NO HYNPNOTOAD!!! IT'S BEYOND MY CONTROL!!! NO, DON'T MAKE ME KILL MYSELF!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!! (dead)
    "No. NO!!! EVERYONE OUT OF THE UNIVERSE! QUICK!!! - Nibbler

but Zylex steals the show!

Did they create a plothole with the series? Fry's parents thought he was dead, but if the other Fry lived in the past till 2012, (and we see a scene where he kisses his mother), why would they be talking about his mysterious disappearance?

Likewise why would his dog be searching for Fry in the series when in the movie he was always there?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information