Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

"Beauty and the Beast" Talkback (Spoilers)

I'm really crossing my fingers that the Diamond Edition of this movie coming in October 2010 on Blu-ray better look good! The original two-disc DVD release of the Special Edition had really garish colors and that color palette would stand out like a sore thumb on a Blu-ray release.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I absolutely ADORED Beauty and the Beast! It was just such a PRECIOUS story! I can't wait for the dvd! In my opinion, it is the BEST with The little mermaid second best!

cat

This is one of my favorites. The animation is superb, and the music is top-notch. (Especially the songs for Belle, the reprise, the Gaston song, The Mob Song, and all the instrumental tracks in the movie) And Lumiere is one of my favorite cartoon characters (just behind the Genie), seriously, French candlesticks are awesome.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree about Lumiere; he was an awesome character. It shocked me when I figured out that the voice actor was Jerry Orbach, who played Detective Lenny Briscoe on Law and Order at the time. The two characters were so different; he was such a great actor.

It's on Disney Channel right now, and I am enjoying it. No one sexually molests like Gaston. :sweat:

I saw this movie last month when it aired on ABC Family. I'm pretty sure that I saw it when I was little since I remembered a couple of scenes early on in the movie, although that might have been from one of those old Sing-Along videos, and I had the video case in my hand at one point. Anyway, I thought it was really enjoyable. I thought Bell was one of the more interesting female Disney leads, the storyline was pretty engaging and the cast of characters in the castle were fun. Gaston's egocentric personality annoyed me to no end though. Maybe that was the point, but it was just hard for me to really like him as a character or even as a villain when he was attempting to force Bell into marrying him throughout a good portion of the movie. I really liked Bell's relationship with Beast, how he slowly changed as they grew closer and it felt quite touching near the end. The music was also really good. It was a fun movie to watch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information