Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

"Family Guy: Something, Something...Dark Side" DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

"Peter: I have time for another story. It's entitled "Without A Paddle".
    Chris: (censored) YOU DAD!"

Awesome!:anime:

Bought it, watched it, loved it! Alot better then their first try, I think family guy are onto a winner with this. I am looking forward to seeing their final parody.

Because Han took a strangely long time to say it in the original.

I thought Blue Harvest was better. Too many "real-life conversation" bits mixed into this one, which are only funny if you talk to people all the time and have HAD those conversations, which I have not. I have never found H. John Benjamin's character funny. He's painfully boring, even as Yoda.

This was genius, though:

[spoiler]Turn the ship aroooound
    Leia knows where Luke is
    He's hanging upside-doooown
    Above the clouds on Bespin[/spoiler]

finally watched it yesterday

as for animation it was actually top notch and the A team was brought out. As for the movie itself, the first one was better. The writing just wasn't there and I found myself grimacing at many of the jokes.

There were a lot of highlights with stewie surprisingly and luke's training in the degoba system had some moments. But I personally felt like the hans solo and leia part fell flat. And with boba fett as

[spoiler]the chicken[/spoiler]

I totally expected a really good fight scene. And I didn't get that. I wasn't upset with family guy something something...darkside but I was dismayed. In many ways it felt like a waste of time and that should never be for family guy

Boba Fett didn't really do much in the way of fighting in Empire Strikes Back, so it would've been out of place.

Just wait till We've Got a Bad Feeling About This, there you'll get a Star Wars-themed chicken fight.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think this was anywhere near as good as Blue Harvest. It seemed like they tired too hard with this one and used all their best jokes in the first one. There were some parts that were really good but overall I think it was kind of weak.

Maybe I just need to watch it again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information