Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cable channels who used to air cartoons?

The other day I was remembering how I used to watch Scooby-Doo and other cartoons on TBS. Also I think TNT aired cartoons at one time anyone remember? USA Cartoon Express was great to watch in the 90s too.

What other cable channels aired cartoons at one time but don't anymore?

I think History Channel aired Inspector Gadget's Field Trip through history in the late 90s.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, TNT was basically where Turner showed old Warner Bros. and Hanna Barbera cartoons until the creation of Cartoon Network.

Remember when MTV had cartoons? There was Beavis & Butt-Head, Liquid Television, Cartoon Sushi, The Head & The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Ren & Stimpy, Daria, Celebrity Deathmatch, even the M-logo bumpers were animated. I remember one day they had a marathon of animation, including the top ten animated music videos, a bunch of the M-logos, and a showing of Wallace & Gromit's The Wrong Trousers.

That's pretty much the list. USA, BET, Syfy, TNT, and TBS used to show cartoons in daylight hours, but only TBS and Syfy is the only one of the three still airing animation. TBS airs animation in the form of Family Guy and planning on airing their first original animated series soon, and Syfy still shows a weekly Japanese animation showcase on Monday nights.

TNT showed cartoons until the mid to late 90's, several years after Cartoon Network was launched. It wasn't until the channel really caught on and started having more availability that TNT and TBS dumped their cartoons.

Anyways, TCM(Turner Classic Movies) had that show Cartoon Alley, which was similar to Toonheads, a few years back, but for some reason or another they canceled it. I really do miss that show, it was among the last outlets we had for the Looney Tunes on TV.

Yeah I totally forgot I used to watch Beavis and Butt-Head, Daria and Ren and Stimpy on MTV. I think VH1 aired Ren and Stimpy for a while too.

Edit: Jeff Harris what cartoons aired on BET?

And both MTV and VH1, as well as Spike TV and Comedy Central, aired SpongeBob for a while, particularly around the time the movie came out. Also, I believe MTV used to air Rocko's Modern Life for a period in the mid-90's.

ABC Family/FOX Family/Family Channel/CBN used to air cartoons.

They still do.

Aside from airings of Futurama and South Park reruns, they have the occasional original animated series now and then, most recently DJ and the Fro and Popzilla. They tend to be overshadowed by the cartoonish, overrated reality shows, which I won't mention by name.

In the past, they aired The Jackson 5ive, C-Bear and Jamal, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, and an original from Tom Snyder Productions, Hey Monie.

Currently, they show The Proud Family and soon their co-production with Marvel Entertainment, Black Panther.

Bravo
    Hallmark Channel
    Telemundo
    USA
    TNT
    TBS
    Fox Family
    Shotime
    HBO
    MTV
    CBN

I think I missed that. What cartoon aired on Bravo? Right now, I don't remember any.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information