Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Futurama - "Inagaddadaleela" - Talkback [6/24]

Definitely agree with the ending of the second episode, as it was very obvious from the end of the second act that a copout was going to happen, but the ending has shades to the "Stan vs. the car dealer" episode of American Dad (AKA the episode that defined Stan as the biggest jerk in all of Fox's Sunday Night line-up IMO).

Great episode :anime:
    My favorite parts are Bender with the Satellite and APPROVED FOR ALL AUDIENCES" XD

Good to Futurama back and bringing the laughs. I forgot how far Zapp will go to get laid. Felt sorry for Fry though.

It was funny at the end how Zapp and Leela suddenly switched roles, with Leela pushing for sex with him and Zapp now hesitant about it. But hey, he worked real hard at manipulating to make this bed, so he'd best lie in it!

Zapp and Leela = BLEAHHHH!!!!!

He's such a jerk. I cheered when Leela beat the crud out of him at the end. And poor Fry..."NOOOOO!!!" Life's not easy for a guy in love with a sexy one-eyed mutant lady.

The ep felt a bit rushed, but it was good anyway. And the black-and-white TV serial-type intros to each segment were a riot!

Good old Futurama! I'm really stoked for this show now.

Who the HECK could be a fan of Zapp/Leela?

BLEAH!!!!!

(If you are, I apologize...)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay so the only way Zapp will ever get with Leela again is

A. It's only an actor that is dressed to look like Leela.
    B. He keeps her weak, dehydrated and in emotional turmoil thinking they are the only two humans left in the universe (though aren't there humans on other planets besides Earth? I mean really with how far the universe is in Futurama you think there would be other people spread out throughout the galaxy)
    C. It's for the fate of the human race that the two procure relations.

I guess I can buy that. I saw images of this episode and was weirded out by the concept but it does work. Though by the end it does make Zapp out to be a total inconsiderate jerk desperate for sex which... I guess fits his character actually. There should of been a better end though then just cutting to the last Brannigan file but the rest of the episode was pretty solid. They probably could of cut back on some of the Death Star refrences in the first act (since besides Zoidberg wondering who would pilot a ship into what they kept calling a Death Sphere) but everything else was pretty good. Leela volunteering and Zapp volunteering to be with her, "that better be the control stick" (yeah really between that, the nudity, "V-Giny" and the ending they really are dirting up the show's image. Then again Futurama always has had these sex jokes so I shouldn't be too surprised), Amy suggesting an orgy and later dressing as a dominatrix, The Planet Express crew trying to stop all the sinning at the "Pubic Library", Bender getting it on with the back of the satillite dish, the revelation that Leela and Zapp were on earth all along (not nearly as clever as the last episode twist), Leela beating the hell out of Zapp and Leela rushing to have sex with Zapp to stop the earth from being blown up. I also think that Death Sphere was Craig Fergauson since he was suppose to have a guest role in this ep and that would of been a good slot for one. Not as good as the last ep but still good though I hope that's the last Zapp focused ep for a few weeks at least.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Rebirth" was a pretty good episode, but this one just didn't work for me. Too many cheap sex gags. I really hope we don't keep up the pattern of the movies and these new episodes by having a "Get it? It sounds like they're talking about a penis" jokes.

I don't think the comment you're replying to was in support of Zapp/Leela, the fanservice thing was just concerning Leela in general. And really, who the HECK could be a fan of Zapp/ANYONE?

Half of the joy in a Futurama episode is the performances of the voice actors, who often make funny lines even funnier. And Billy West's extended scene with Zapp explaining the real situation to Leela was a classic example of that. I knew it was coming, and there was no way to hide the predictability...but the way it was done was great; he just kept going on and on with every "EEEEE---ssshhhh" funnier than the last.

It fills me with hope, it does. The second episode after Family Guy's return, I started feeling something was "off," a feeling that only intensified (with ample evidence) as the years went on. I didn't get that feeling here; this one could fit snugly anywhere in seasons 3 or 4.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information