Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Melodramatic moments in animation that you find to be unintentionally funny.

Specify the moments too, don't just list them.

1. Beyblade: This tops my other three entries. Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh allows for the characters to enjoy some friendly competition. So much so that sometimes the characters are eager to battle against their friend(s) for fun.

Beyblade on the other hand has them taking the game so seriously and pretty much makes it clear. If you're competing against someone, you're automatically evil.

I mean, I could see a moment in the future where Tyson is gunned down with the shooter shouting out "This is for beating me in the championship, you jerk!"

BTW, I have nothing against Tyson, nor is my comment Anti-Tyson. It's just my way of expressing how far some characters take the game seriously.

2. Gargoyles The Goliath Chronicles: Goliath is offered a chance to live as a human and as husband to Elisa Maza, only he doesn't have knowledge on his human life.

So upon seeing his job he says in a serious tone "I'm a glorified librarian? For Xanatos!?" Personally I'd be more appauled if I discovered that my occupation was selling drugs to school kids, but hey whatever floats your boat Big G.

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Series) Invasion of the Turtle Snatcher: April is pretty down about the prospect that Verne may get her job. As the show comes to a commercial break, Mr. Thompson tells April she can go along with Verne as her camera operator.

To which April states "My life is over." with dramatic music playing in the background (You know, when the characters are usually in danger) and then commercial break.

There's a moment in that awful animated version of those awful Stephen Sommers Mummy movies where Evy gets crushed by a rock or something, mutters "I can't feel my legs", then "dies", causing her son to do a Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"as the camera cranes back to reveal a "To Be Continued" title card. So cliched it was sort of awesome.

Pretty much any scene of Sir Ruber, the main villain from that Quest of Camelot movie. He's always chewing up the scenery when he's onscreen, and then there's the fact his eyes always twitch and he's just so cliche evil it's hysterical.

The Tom and Jerry Movie is full of this. Seriously, I cannot bring myself to post examples...

Pebble and the Penguin...just Pebble and the Penguin.

Theres also the scene in Pocahontas where Kocoum's about to kill John Smith. I would take it more seriously is he didnt scream 'AYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIIII!!!"

Pretty much any and all uses of "The Big No" are a narm for me. It simply can`t be taken seriously anymore.

"NOOOOOO! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!????". Or something like that, from a Megaman cartoon (I only saw that one scene on Youtube). You'd think having fight and kill your own lover would be a bit more tragic.

Any time Spider-Man in the 1990 series got mad, or tried to be dramatic. I don't know if Christopher Daniel Barnes just can't act, or if Tony Pastor was an incompetent voice director, but it was always hilarious.

mmmaaaaaarrrrrrryyyyyy jjjjjjaaaaaaaannnnneeeeeee!!!!!!!

EDIT: forum wouldn't let me post in all-caps

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That bad acting was a major factor in my hating that show as a kid, now it just makes me laugh.

That's been happening to me lately as well. :shrug:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information