Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

"Despicable Me" Talkback (Spoilers)

Caught it at a matinee. I liked it. Beats the pants off Shrek. Great soundtrack as well.

Saw it last week for my birthday. I had a really fun time with it.

I loved this movie so............ much. I have seen it twice all ready. I can't wait for 2013. There's projected to be a sequel in 2013 according to IMDB. I especially liked the middle girl what was her name again ? I believe it may have been Edith. Now anyway I give this movie 5 stars easily.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it was Edith. She was my favorite of the 3 girls as well.

FTR, the other 2 were Margo and Agnes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What did you like best about Edith? To me I think she may have acted a little less girly then the other 2. With her being the only one who thought that Gru and Vector's inventions were "Cool" and being into gross things. And I believe she said something along the lines of "Cool mine, looks like a dead guy" When Gru was making pancakes for them.

I really hope Penny isn't forgotten about in the sequel.

She had a very, very, small role in the movie. I'm not even too sure her name was Penny. But, it sounded like it. She was in two scenes I think. The first scene when the 3 girls were walking off after being reprimanded by Ms. Haggie . They were walking by the Box Of Shame and they said "Hi, Penny"

And I could be wrong but I think Penny may have been the same girl who was playing with the balloon after Gru had adopted the 3 girls and drove off making the balloon pop and then the girl started crying. I could be wrong though

Basically the above. Edith was kind of weird and twisted, but the writers and artists didn't make it too overt by having her dress like a Goth/punk or anything. She was still cute, girlish and appealing, despite being a bloodthirsty oddball. Plus, I liked her design, especially the hat; reminded me of Michael Nesmith, my favorite Monkee.

Hm, I don't remember her. I may have to watch it again.

[QUOTE=Silverstar;3672328]Basically the above. Edith was kind of weird and twisted, but the writers and artists didn't make it too overt by having her dress like a Goth/punk or anything. She was still cute, girlish and appealing, despite being a bloodthirsty oddball. Plus, I liked her design, especially the hat; reminded me of Michael Nesmith, my favorite Monkee.

Don't worry for not remembering. I work at a movie theater which means I get free movies which also means I have seen this movie 900 bajillion times. And once you do that you pick up on tiny details that other people don't notice the first time.

If I was a betting man I would bet you everything I have right now that in the sequel they won't give her a small role, they won't mention her at all. She would just be forgotten and never heard about again. But , yeah if you see it again chances are you will know what I am talking about.

Finally got around to seeing it. This movie is pretty much this year's Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. For that, I mean that it's a movie that looks like garbage from the trailers, but is really a filled-to-the-brim with laughs comedy. Pretty much every two minutes of the movie I was laughing at something. I felt like the movie. really captured the essence of cartoonish violence, and that's a good thing. My only real issue with the film is that the actual villain did not get any comeuppance. Sure, his son is stuck on the moon, but Mr. Perkins never actually had anything bad happen to him. Other than that, a great movie!

Maybe they're saving Mr. Perkins and his comeuppance for the sequel? Also, you're right. While I wasn't interested in the film, I did become a bit interested in the characters. Sure, I'll admit that I liked Margo, probably because of the way she was designed and with Miranda Cosgrove providing her voice, but I liked that, even without the 3D, it's good. I only saw the extended version of the popular scenes of the film a.k.a. everything tat involved Gru and the girls at the amusement park. I know that the advertising of Agnes would grow old but if I were to see the film in full, I might come out of it thinking to myself of the film not being as bad as I thought it would be. It would be the same feeling I had with Shrek Forever After but probably won't be something I would own on DVD/Blu-Ray.

About Cloudy, I saw a little bit of it while browsing at some laptops at Best Buy last month. While I thought, when I saw the trailers, that the film would have worked better in traditional hand-drawn animation, it didn't look bad. I feel that if I see that film in full that I would only grow annoyed with Cosgrove's ending theme for the film. Think she'll shy away from animated movies and move on to doing more live-action films? Last time I remember, the only live-action film she was in was School of Rock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information