Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

"Coraline" Talkback (Spoilers)

You haven't seen many movies then. I wouldn't even put this in the top 50 creepiest movies.

Apparantly Coraline needed to make at least $16 mil on the opening weekend to be a success. So the fact that it made that much proves that the film is on a good track.

I'm going to see it today in theaters.

Went to see it earlier today at a 2:40 showing. I was the first one in the room but about 5 minutes before it started what was nearly a full crowd showed up.

This was an awesome movie. The animation was great, the best in a stop motion picture I've seen yet. It had some moments that really "jumped" at you. And got pretty dark and times. But it was a great film which kept my attention all the way through.

9/10.

I just saw Coraline again, and again, the craft was amazing!
    There were a lot of [sick] little kids in the theatre, and all of them seemed very scared. I think kids under 7 shouldn't see it, but otherwise it's good for all other ages.
    If Coraline doesn't get [or at least get nominated for] the Oscar for 2009, I will be very, very, VERY surprised.

If i had the money I would see it the first chance I got. Maybe I still can who knows.

Box Office Update:

Monday - $1 million
    Tuesday - $778,857

Total since Friday - $18.7 million

It's still doing well right? And does anyone think that in a few years Coraline will be considered a cult classic like The Nightmare Before Christmas?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yup.

It'll be in the same category as Corpse Bride. Nightmare Before Christmas is a success that won't seem to be repeated by neither Burton or Selick. They did James and the Giant Peach together and Corpse Bride and Coraline seperately and none has reached the popularity of Nightmare. Which is a shame for Selick, but not Burton neccesarly since his live-action career has been pretty successful since 1985.

I'm sure most everyone has gone to the http://www.coraline.com/ site.

I really recommend going to the Forcible & Spinks part of the house and go to the theatre side and watch the clips on how alot of the details were made. I like the "Puppets Point of View by the director.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information