Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

"Black Panther (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I remember this was rumored awhile ago but I am glad to see if announced. I can't wait to see more on this unfold and I think it's a good move on Marvel's part to try and branch out their properties some more. I am eager to see some character designs and voice cast announcements.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow this show just looks awful. It's like they took Minoriteam and bumped the quality a little, but it's still crap. Besides the fact that I didn't really care for the first storyarc of the newest Black Panther series, the animation is terrible. I expected something more substantial, especially since BET has been doing their stupid animation panel at SDCC for three years now with zero payoff.

Also, having characters using Whedon-esque dialog may work in comics, but definitely not when actually spoken.

So is any Hannibal footage online?

I would have gone for Keith David myself but Hounsuo should do an admirable job.

One has to wonder why they even still try to make comic cartoons like this. It looks nice still but this type of animation casn never work.

I feared something like this when I first heard they were going to make the art as close to the comic as they could.

Marvel Animation Age has further cast information for the upcoming Black Panther animated series. Click on the thumbnail below for more details.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Huh.

Now out of all the Marvel characters that could be animated and of all the time slots, Black Panther in Prime-Time wasn't it.

I haven't read any BP and I think the only places I've really seen him is Ultimate Avengers 2 and the Ultimates 3 comic.

I'd like to see Wakanda and him actually being ruler of it, not have him being in America all the time.

Don't have a clue what type of network BET is so I can't comment on that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't find any updates on this for the U.S...:sad:

Sounds good, I know there's not a lotta love for this show, but I'm looking forward to it (If it airs in the UK that is).

Minoriteam was pretty much done as a parody of the old Marvel Superheroes show (lots of Kirbyesque posing and such)

This trailer looks a lot more like something you'd see on newsgrounds a few years back than a series on primetime television

This could be a nice change of pace for the channel... or end up being more sterotypical crap for BET. Undecided, but like I said, could be good. I'd love to see how T'Challa's portrayed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information