Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Apple iPhone 4 (Retina Display) vs SAMSUNG Captivate (Super AMOLED)

Don't see why. With Android I can set different tones for each different email account, Twitter and Facebook account. Each time a phone notes, I know if its GMail, Hotmail or Twitter. On iPhone, every freaking notification comes with the same tone. You don't know i f its the news app, or if its Facebook or an SMS. Oh yeah, not to mention every new notification displays over the previous one, leaving you with no manageable order how to handle each notification individually.

I don't think Apple even agrees that there is nothing wrong with the iPhone notification system, considering who they hired from Palm.

Does the Galaxy? The DROID 1 and 2 go pink in landscape, but look normal in portrait. It's not too bad at all.

Also, when the screen on the Galaxy goes dim, does it tint green or pink like the Incredibles? I'm very light sensitive and the DROID 1/2 simply do not go dim enough for me to use for extended periods of time. The 3rd Gen iPod Touch definitely did and it made reading much easier...**** resolution or not. Also, the Incredible's "funny" real resolution didn't bother me. If it didn't go pink, I'd be perfect. I can only hope the Fascinate gets it all right.

Too many screen resolutions? You only got QVGA, HVGA and WVGA. That's only three. It fits the perfect scheme for low, mid and high end. Games are usually aimed for HVGA and WVGA, since the QVGA Android phones are truly meant to be messenger and social networking phones.

Right now on iOS, you got the old screen res, the new iPhone 4 res and the iPad res. That's also three. And you already got fragmentation on iOS because you have to modify apps to work on iOS4 multitasking.

Quality control? I've been on iOS since 2007 and there is still plenty of garbage apps everywhere. There are so many apps doing the same thing and which fail to differentiate each other properly.

That's 3 too many. Also you have devices still coming out with 1.5, 1.6, 2.1 now 2.2, etc.. With the iPhone, most apps are being written solely for the iOS4 now with most of them having some backward compatibility.
    By quality control, I mean a standard interface with apps that safely run on the phone.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I897/I897UCJF6 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I was under the impression that all computer screens are funky with polarized sun glasses

And another thing too, I cannot share links easily into Facebook with iOS. But with Android its so easy.

Not to mention I can double post on both Twitter and Facebook.

You still missed my post about Facebook on iOS above. Those things you mentioned have ALWAYS been part of FB for iOS for as long as I have used it.

Not at all. I'm looking @ a Dell 2007 S-IPS through polarized flaks and it's perfect. Darker of course, but not tinted, shape shifty, or blacked out. IIRC, the Incredible looked the same as well.

It's incredibly important that the Fascinate looks normal for me, because if not, it renders gnav useless under AZ's sun. And I'll take good goggles over turn by turn any day of the year.

Im not sure, but was wondering about the ips screen on the iphone4 turning purple since one of the phones(Fujitsu F906i) I have has an IPS display too and it seems to tint purple with the polarized sun glasses on when viewing outdoors, but the other phones dont seem to have that issue with the purple screen and are fairly readable with the sun glasses on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information