Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Casio Commando 1 Month Review

Ok...the Casio Comando is my 1st smart phone. One month has passed since the learning curve began. So far...so good.
    First The Good: Rugged, waterproof and very durable. Great feel and design, No case is necessary. Very useful built in "Outdoorsy" features. Nice screen resolution and fine sound. Gorilla glass is tough stuff! Speaker phone sounds good and no complaints from friends on call quality. Music sounds good on the large speakers. 3G seems fast enough...for now. Wi-Fi is found easily and connects fast. Charging cradle is awesome for use on my nightstand. Battery life has not been an issue with heavy use. Picture and video quality is very good. Ringtones are easily added from Phonezoo.
    Now The Not So Good...But Not Too Bad: The touch screen...OMG it it a bich! At first I hated it...now I may be starting to get use to it. Remove the protective cover! Sometimes...I have to shake the phone to get the screen to rotate. Sometimes...the touch screen will not respond with cool fingers. Sometimes it gets a little confused on commands. Sometimes....the touch screen activates wayto easily on scrolling. Sometimes....I have so much trouble texting I want to throw the phone in the lake. The virtual keyboard...SUCKS! T-9 tracing is a joke...for me. I knew I would hate the touch screen after years of Qwerty ease.
    I can't seem to assign the alert tones I want, to missed calls, messages, new e-mail ect, only pre-installed alert tones. The camera will not zoom in 5 megapixel mode, and when it does zoom..it is hardly noticable. There seems to be alot of apps that I don't use and can not delete.
    With that said...I love...yes LOVE this phone and glad I didn't get the Thunderbolt. I will take a Qwerty Keyboard any day over a touch screen keyboard. I miss really miss it and text only very short messages. My texting is now down to 20% of what it was with the Qwerty Keyboard. I may never master texting on this phone.
    So...there you have an amature's review of the Casio Commando Ruggedized 3G Smartphone. On a scale of 1 - 10.....I give it an 8 because of the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not Virtual Keyboard". Otherwise I will recomend this phone. If you drop it in the toilet....just wash it in hot soapy water, wipe it off and keep on talking.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Casio Commando 1 Month Review

LOL.. by coworker does that on his Fascinate, and i've done it on my iPod. lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information