I think yesterday morning I drove through a red light and I'm afraid to tell my mom. I'm 18 and had my license since I was 16. I was preparing to turn left and I did! I panicked because I was confused, the light was red at the same time as the bottom displaying a green left turn arrow. I was confused so I drove. There was no cars to the left ans the car on the opposite side on the right stopped anyways. I never encounters a stop light where it's red on top ans a green left arrow on the bottom before. I'm super terrified and is just waiting for the ticket.

What's the longest do I wait? A month? I'm from Washington state... And I'm in like depressed mode. I can't eat or even sleep. I will need to fess up to my mom but only if I got in trouble for sure. my mom never had a ticket or anything for over 25 years of driving. I feel bad! Insurance will go up by a lot right? Especially since I'm really young.... I'm really scared.. Please help what can I do? I start college in the fall and my mom already has to pay a lot for my tuition, books, parking ticket, etc.

Please please help!