Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 273 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*OFFICIAL THREAD: Nokia N86 8MP

I would be surprised if Nokia didn't come out with a NAM version. This is their first 8mp camera, Nseries phone high end phone. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

its just a shame to say i have 8mp camera and the pictures come out blueish with the led flash. im hoping they have something up their sleves. maybe they came out with a new led flash preformance

Just cancelled my order with Nokia too. Didn't have any problems myself, guess I got lucky. Now off to ebay....

So hows everyone liking the N86? How does it compare to the N95s and N96?

Way ahead.. And guys, pls post all the small bugs, niggles your facing with ver 21 firmware. The next one is due in a month or so I guess. My main concern till date is those image processing algorithms. I still think Nokia can do away with that jpeg compression. That can solve the prob few people having with details in the images. Somehow it performs its best in macro mode which was improved from ver 20 onwards. I will be glad to see if they improve the camera aspect even further with next update

I agree that the debate about Xenon vs no-Xenon has gone in cricles. And I tried to drop it accept that the people who worship Xenon brought it back up and attacked me (not my points, but me personally) in what I agree are childish ways. So just because some people feel like they have to attack me rather than entertain the idea that Xenon might not be everything, don't tell me I'm argumentative.

Your statement above is a complete distortion of what I've been saying (which is why it's hard not to respond), which is simply that Xenon isn't everything and it can be possible that the N86 is a flagship camera phone without it. That is not a conclusion that the N86 is the best. It is merely a claim that it might turn out that way. Many people here along the way in the debate have agreed with me that the worship of Xenon is silly.

Right, it's not available via nsu, but it's available ota. If you're still on v11, just update to v20 via nsu and then use ota to get to v21. I was getting ready to change my product code since it was going around a month already since v21 was out. At least they released it for ota I guess.

The only thing about the n900 is the lack of mapping. No google maps or ovi maps. I use one or the other almost daily. I know there is some kind of ovi maps for it, but without navigation.

Fair enough. I'm all for a better build quality and camera, but I just got my n85 and I must either be lucky that I didn't get a bad one or it's just not as bad as they say. I suppose for those who don't have an n95/n96/n85, this will definitely be the one to get, but I guess I don't see enough differences to really warrant another $500+ price tag.

Oh well, it's not like I will be able to afford the n86 when it launches anyways.

Family > Phones (a blessing yet a curse :reallysad)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if Nokia has any operations on Jupiter, but NokiaUSA is only applicable if you live in the USA here on earth.

Sorry, could not help it. Since you are in the US, either Nokia USA or other "reputable" retailers such as Amazon will do. Amazon usually offers better prices, and have a much better return policy, though they may not get the newest devices as fast.

i think it goes beyond nokia, i have them omnia hd and itsa 8mp and it takes great shots in the day, but all my nseries will beat it at night. :buddies:

Ok, Thanks for the info. At least they did give a way out of V20.
    I'll wait for the full release, so the modding is possible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information