Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 273 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

*OFFICIAL THREAD: Nokia N86 8MP

Thank you!!! :buddies:

I think people are getting a little out of hand here with all the technical talk. The thing is most people will use a camera phone for taking quick picks while they are out. If someone wants to take exquisite pictures they will buy an DSLR. Right now the Xenon is best IMO.....

You are right I have not read all your posts. Regardless, the point is from my experience Xenon flash, for me, is the most important factor thus far in camera phone quality. I have not seen any reviews that points to a camera phone without xenon to beat one with xenon. The N86 may be the first though.....anyways, I've said my peace.

Double check your access point for real player, it uses it's own network setting. Same for internet radio, it might be set so that it only uses wifi.

Bro, please give up. you need to find a new phone and take a nokia vacation. you hate and hate and hate. i remember this exact same post in november. **** nokia, **** weak NA support and no updates, **** old technology and beta os releases, you will take any other phone you said. then a week later, for some stupid reason they sent you an e71, you didnt like the form factor, so you picked up and e66 and had one of the biggest phone orgams ive seen on here. the funny thing is that you hate on all the misses from nokia like poor screens and old tech, but your love of the e66 was all about not needing those things and just wanting a phone that is simple and works. grab a phone that meets your needs and stop hating on everything else.

that rant aside, i completely agree about nokia. i was going for the n97, but after watching several videos and the latest spec releases, ill most likely grab the omnia hd.

I have already read all that is to read abt these three phones. Heck had my N86 even before that gsmarena review came out and know how bad or good it actually is. For me end user reviews matter not these official reviews.Friends do own pixon12 as well as omnia hd but its difficult to get my hands on all those for comparo. Is ur N86 on ver 20 firmware? Surprised to read that u find 720p video very smooth as I read a lot abt dropped frames from various sources. Thanks for the info though

got mine today from amazon also. so far so good. here are a few quick thoughts on the n86-3

-build quality is very good...for nseries. i wouldnt go as far as to say that it is as good as eseries phones, but it is 99% there in my opinion.
    -moving around the os is very fast in general
    -i set up my exchange account with no difficulties and it is working in the nokia messaging client without having to do anything more than manually entering my user info. i do find nokia messaging to be a little slow when scrolling through email lists and opening emails, but it is not too bad. my contacts and calendar info synced up quickly too but the settings have changed since the last time i used a nokia so i had to dig a little
    -i set up my exchange email easily, but the messaging client doesnt seem to like having exchange and gmail accounts at the same time. the messaging app becomes unstable for me and seems to lock up for 30 secs at a time. since i dont really use my gmail account i deleted it and now the messaging app works well again
    -rf is better than the e71 nam. i live in an area that has poor coverage with rogers and my e71 used to disconnect from the network if i was typing out a message but the n86 has not dropped out of coverage yet. it only shows a few bars of signal but i can place voice calls and data connections work.
    -the camera is very fast in talking pics, even at full resolution. i can snap a pic and almost immediately press the camera key again and it will be ready to take another pic as it is processing the last pic in the background. the camera button seems fine for me but the first few pics i took i was pressing the button with half of my finger and also pressing the top part of the slider with the other half of my finger, so it felt like it was tough to press the button at first. now i make sure i am only pressing the button and all is fine
    -the keys are small but easy for me to use. no issues for me

i am wondering if i should format the E drive to make sure it is running as quick as possible, the way the n95 8gb had to be? anyone do this and notice a big difference? i dont feel like setting it back up again if it does not make a difference

does not come with a tv out cable. much much better than the n85 i had bought when they were first released.

Their pricing also seems to be in line with import pricing, and is like $40 more than it was a week ago for the nam version.

While i want the phone, i'm not about to go rushing into a purchase only to find out i got an overseas version.
    That's what happened with my n73 (not from amazon), and a warranty nightmare followed, and i've never seen the phone again.

Will 3G work in Canada with this phone?

How much more?? How about an n82 with US 3G, that would be a simple place to start, and while your at it, maybe give it a larger screen, maybe even a touchscreen.

What pre installed programs are you talking about? Just about everything that comes with the phone is part of the firmware. Just go to the app manager and look, the only things that are probably there are stuff you installed.

But yeah, hard reset wipes everything. But stuff like web, share online, real player, music player, internet radio, podcasting, etc are part of the firmware and can't be removed even if you wanted to. The only thing I can think of is n gage, and ngage games. Those you get from the site.

It'll take 32gb microsd cards when they come out, the site only lists 16gb because that is the biggest size a consumer can buy in a store right now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information