Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Official Thread: Nokia C6

ipad has only 256 ram and this is a netbook replacement lol, again these are low end phones, this isnt the n8 announcement. :buddies:

Me personally i'm digging this phone.
    Any word on TV-out? That's one thing i'd like on my next phone that i'm missing now.

Some of you guys talk like this phone was supposed to be the next big thing, it's not.
    It's budget orientated.
    So far it looks to be close to an n97 mini, for alot less money.
    No you probably can't hack into the defense department with it, but it's not meant to be a superphone, it's meant for the average jackazz to do average things with.
    Stop comparing it too $600 phones and compare it $300 phones and see what you think.
    Do you goto the ford dealer and complain that your 30k mustang isn't as good as an 80k dodge viper? Of course not, most times you get what you pay for, and not everyone is on a viper budget.

TV out and a $300 or less price tag and this may be my next phone.

Pics and specs here:
    http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...a-c6-unveiled/

Looks like a low end N97. Priced like one too at $300

4 row keyboard and centered space bar, yay.
    If you hold it vertically with the slide out, the d-pad is in perfect position for games.

I was little disappointed that Nokia didn't unveil any high end models but now I have to say that I really like the looks of C6, black looks GREAT! I was determined not to get any more black colored phones but now I suddenly could use one

Specs wise, as I currently use 5800 xm, the C6 is a perfect(ish) device to upgrade to. It has better camera (5MP) slide out qwerty keyboard (I really need one, I suck with virtual ) and a widget home screen, all the missing parts that I have waited to try out next . And the price is not bad.

I just may give C6 a go if Nokia does not release any really amazing high end models ('cos in heart I'm a high end user myself :2thumbs: )

Great Post, these forums amaze me sometimes.

nice device.....
    wonder if this will be picked up by USA carrier....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What if you went to the dealership and discovered the Dodge Viper that was 80k has dropped to 35k now. And the 30k Mustang is still 30k???? Would you consider comparing the 2 then??

Well, if they had taken say the leather upholstery and AC out of the Viper as well as used a weaker grade of steel in the chassis as well as replaced the door hinges with cheaper ones (trying to think of a comparable to the N97 Mini materials and 8GB memory and tilting slide ), maybe. It might be last years model too and be on sale because of that.

LOL LOL AGAIN! So you think that the bill of material costs is derived by taking the retail price and deducting the MANUFACTURER's margin ONLY? By saying that let's assume Nokia's margin on it is 25% (its actually probably much less) I am in no way implying/trying to say its manufacturing cost is $200.

And yes, you might be in the right ball park with $100. So adding $50 to that would be even more unrealistic while assuming it to still retail at Eur 220 at launch.

The only thing that stands out is Quad Band 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100, a first for Nokia. Alongside Quad Band GSM this truly is a World Phone. But weighing a whopping 150g , it is heavy as a brick, way too much for my taste.
    Nokia forgot how to make good phones.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information