Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Nokia E73 - Did Tmo cripple it?

Thought maybe its was best to start a new thread on the subject. Keep in mind my interest in this phone still is unlocking it and using it on Wind mobile. -

It seems Tmo HAS messed with the software on this phone. SIP/Voip stack is not included and the "make internet call" option does not appear in the normal call menu - http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ort/m-p/708579

What's even worse is that it seems the UMA functionality not only doesn't function (I don't care, no UMA on Wind and SIP is cheaper anyways), but ALL wifi connectivity seems to need to connect through UMA and thus isn't working at all - http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ighlight/false

I wonder if any or all of these issues would be fixed by unlocking? I am very wary of buying this phone now especially since there is no non-Tmo firmware for it.

Wow! If this all hilds true, then they really crippled it. And, NO, unlocking will not make these active. Unbranding may be able to fix some of them.

I have the E63, which can be had for $149 on Amazon. Everything works. It has a SIP/VOIP client included, so I setup a number of voip (voipcheap, truphone). I also have fring, operamini, skypemobile, skyfire, etc. all working flawlessly.

Yes, I have an E71 and LOVE it.

Problem is, the only carrier up here in Canada with at all reasonable rates is Wind Mobile that operates only on 3G band IV, and the E73 is the ONLY similar device on this frequency

Your links don't work. Are you saying you can't use wifi on the e73 mode?

Sorry about the links. Here is the right link:
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ss/td-p/705166

Yes people a having trouble getting wifi to work but not everyone. Seems to be a software issue and Nokia is aware of it and apparently working on a fix now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Otty,

Were you able to get the E73 to work with Wind? If yes, does it support call over WiFi? e.g Skype.

Thanks,
    Alienix

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information