Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Issues in Symbian S60 platform forensics - data recovery

I'm trying to recover deleted flash memory content from a Nokia e70-2 phone running S60 v3.0, Symbian OS version 9.1 and running firmware 2.0618.07.10 31-06-06 RM-24.

I want to do logical recovery from my phone. R-Studio has an agent that can be installed on network enabled devices to perform data recovery remotely but currently they only have agents available to be installed on the windows platform or on a PC via emergency bootable media (cd, usbkey, etc).

Due to security measures it appears my best chance on the symbian platform is hardware recovery via jtag or desoldering the flash memory. I'm hoping someone knows of software that can make the process simpler however. Otherwise if anyone can direct me on where I can find info on how to access the jtag port on an E70-2 without breaking forum rules regarding nokia proprietary blah blah blah, that'd be fantastic. I still am in disbelief that Nokia would add a key combination to the phone that wipes all user data off the phone without prompting/notifying the user that it will happen.

http://www.informatics.org.cn/doc/uc...it20090303.pdf

Issues in Symbian S60 platform forensics - data recovery

Also I've got limited experience using JTAG on my linksys WRT54GL router when I had to solder wires onto various points to make my own JTAG cable, I'm prepared to do the same with my phone if I can find the specified JTAG schematics for my phone - or a cable I could just plug in that'd allow such access.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information