Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My iPhone is sold... Nexus One on its way....

No. It doesn't even handle some embedded mp4 properly. Does have a great screen though.

After messing with android for a few months and back to the iPhone and goi g back to another android device and back to the iPhone I think the issue for me is the lack of quality development for the app store. I mean some of these games and apps were made in a 7-11 restroom or something because they really have little work put to them. So I really didn't see any major developers on that side "maybe they aren't taking android serious just yet?" Rooting is ok and all but really doesn't get you as many things as jailbreaking,I mean most people root just to get multitouch and tethering on there android device. One thing that the nexus one has over the iPhone is the hardware but if you don't have software to push it then you really won't get much use for it,they need to have some better games in the android app store,all the games they have are a bunch of sidescroller games with atari type graphics.

hope you enjoy the new phone, but i think iphone is ok for me

x2, I always regretted selling my 2G iPhone soon after it was gone. I'll be keeping my 3G one for a long while. :2thumbs:

seems like the nexus had issues going back HOME... he kept having to hit the home screen several times b4 it went home...
    Yea the nexus has a larger screen, maybe 1/4 inch if that... i wouldnt brag about it.

i like my iphone

That was one time, did you watch the entire video? They're not buttons anyhow.

Same. I'm always like "Oh cool phone, let's try it, eg Droid" and I instantly miss my iPhone. It's like a part of my soul goes missing. **** Steve Jobs and his fancy toys

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually did YOU watch the whole video? There were at least 3 times if not more where he had problems going back to the home screen. And at 14:28 he even says "they[the touch buttons] don't always respond as well as I'd like"

I thought about picking up an Android phone just to mess around with (would never get rid of my 3GS though). I'd just keep both.

Either way - I don't see the point in spending 500+ for a phone that can't access AT&T's 3G network. Not worth it at all. Especially given all the issues people are having. No thanks.

That and the fact that I have bought so many apps from iTunes, it's a waste of money to go to a different device and have to buy the same apps I already paid for on my iPhone for a different platform. Another reason why if I won't get rid of my iPhone.

I'm up for a new corporate phone at work in February. I don't know if I am going to go with AT&T or Verizon (we have contracts with both and can choose), and I'm deciding between an Android phone or a BlackBerry. If the new tour for verizon drops before then (9650), I'll go that route, if it doesn't, I will probably go the 9700 route. I thought about the droid but that keyboard is horrendous. Plus I really need the ability to have spreadsheets and documents on the fly and edit them quickly and send them back. I don't know much about Android to know whether or not I'd have issues doing that. My iPhone actually does that very well with documents 2 go, which I know BB has as well.

Plus I've owned several BBs in the past and am already familiar with the OS, so there would be no learning curve, which is always nice.

In my experience with the Hero:

HTC have no style, and their handsets are poor.

The Android platform is for techies and won't be mainstream without some major improvements.

The Android app store has some OK apps, BUT the quality of apps is poor. Just as an example, try the android version of motox mayhem - then try the iphone version.

The only thing I miss? Twitter checking in the background and alerting me every hour/half hour.

Android is a nice idea - but for now, that's all it is.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information