Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Apple iPhone 3G [S] vs. HTC/Google Nexus One

haha yeah I guess you guys are right

nothing will ever beat the iPhone

well hell, seeing how it has 512 GB of RAM, I think that P3 would do just fine with Windows 7. Hell yeah I'll take it. :lol:

The problem is that I cannot update a jail broken iPhone to the new OS. It means you have to buy a new iPhone, with the latest OS or install it before you jail break it. Its a big deal because you have created a virtual underground of JB iPhones. In effect, the iPhone market is already fractured between those who are still "legal" and those who are jail broken.

On Android, even if the phone is rooted and made unlocked, you can always update it, without consequence it would be bricked or revert back to its locked form. Thus an Android that is "jail broken" isn't really jail broken but still part of the "legal" community.

Nexus One is a very well designed phone, surprisingly something so simplistic would ship from HTC. The one thing that could make me even happier is to replace that useless trackball with an optical trackpad. I hate replacing trackballs.

I'm currently in that boat....I'm thinking I'll pick up a Nexus, see what Android is like as a main OS, then likely pick up a 4G this summer(when its launched), unless I fall in love with Nexus

Is the Nexus One faster when it's single tasking?

I had a Rogers magic when it was new and I liked it but coming from a blackberry it was difficult to use so I went back to a bb, wouldn't mind a nexus one as a secondary phone or a milestone... Definitly a desire when it comes out or the legend.

again, I said that *I* find. Better is an opinion, not a fact. You put NOT in capital letters like you just uncovered a fact that proves something. I didn't even bother to go to your link because I couldn't care less what cnet says. Of all the pics I've taken the color has been much better on the iPhone in well lit situations but neither of them come close to any of my Nokia phones. When I think of a camera on a phone the iPhone or Nexus One aren't exactly the first two devices that come to mind. Pics I took on the Nexus were decent. Better than any other HTC offering I've seen but that's not saying much. where it kills the iPhone and what is inexcusable on the iPhone is the flash but most cameraphone pics are ones I usually take while outdoors when I don't have a dedicated camera with me.

Camera is the last reason I'd ever return or sell a phone. The keyboard was the main sticking point for me along with the horrible location of the keys below it. Like I said, I'll be back to Android, I really like it and am bored with the iPhone OS (although that could change with 4.0), but for now it just seems to be what works best for me along with my 9700 which I use for my work line.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

So, on an iPhone, you can have FIVE HUNDRED apps, and then go browsing page after page, trying to remember where that app is? Seriously???

On an Android device, you can create a shortcut to your most used apps, and place them on one of five (or more, with add-on software) home pages, where they're easy to find!

Apps on an Android device can store data, such as images, music, video, those components which take up the most amount of space, on the SD card. Navigation programs already store maps to the SD card, and the basic program, usually less then 1mb, on internal space.

A new game has come out that stores about 7-8mb of data on the SD card, and the app itself is stored internally, which takes up less then 1mb.

Furthermore, downloading ANY app from the Android market takes all of 20-30 seconds! you keep your most often used apps on your device, and if you're really pressed for space, download seldom used apps when you need them (I have heard of exactly NOBODY that's run out of internal space with a Droid, Nexus One or any of the more current Android phones)

How is it that having page after page of small icons on an iPhone to search through isn't a problem, but somehow only being able to store around 200+ apps on an Adroid device suddenly makes the device useless???

I already have over 140 apps on my Droid, and out of about 250mb of internal storage, I have 67mb left. The Nexus One has, I believe, more then twice the amount of internal storage that the Droid has.

How many users of Smart Phones do you really think will download and use, over 200 apps??? Not many.

This is really a silly argument.

It is legal. And your saying a jailbroken iPhone can only half way multitask vs Android? I think your delusional on that one. :lolup:

Yes, other platforms might not need to jailbreak to multitask 3rd party apps but non are without their short comings that need some type of hack. One of the first things I do on a WM phone is change the registry & some of it's values. On some WM phones the policies block many 3rd party apps from being installed unless you change it via registry. Even Blackberry, Nokia, Palm etc: need hacks for certain functions and/or restrictions.

This is why I mentioned that on the iPhone, even a non tech savy person can jailbreak and add more functionality. Other OSs are much more difficult for the average user.

Please enlighten us on what a jailbroken iPhone can't do vs Nexus.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information