Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia X6

Nokia X6

Anyone explain where there is such a diffeence in the price of the black vs the yellow? In some websites it's as much as more than a $100 difference. I personally do not see any difference besides the color. But that just does NOT explain such a huge difference in price though.

Nokia X6

that is correct.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

I'm definitely going to go to a back-up E66 for my daily phone and will prep the Omnia for an ebay sale, to get what I can from it. It's definitely a huge let down of a device, given its hardware.

The last straw was this weekend: a huge bunch of friends and I went on a weekend long trip to Atlantic City, NJ, to have fun and do a little gambling at Trump, Tropicana, Ceasars, et al. For the journey there and back, we rented a two tier, big silver party bus with amenities, food, drinks, second floor exotic girl poles, etc.

I brought my Omnia for its supposed picture capabilities only to be hugely let down. Nearly every single picture I took was a FAIL, all blurry, all awful, nearly all had to be deleted. My old 6650 flip managed impromptu quick shots better.

That, along with a large list of small things that bother me about it, make it not fun to have around.

It's definitely a phone for someone who likes to fiddle with settings, hacks, throwing custom ROMs on to it, etc. Phone hackers would probably love it.

Honestly, even as a tech nerd, I can't be bothered with that. Life's too short to spend all your time getting your expensive, high end phone to an acceptable, usable level. Besides, Symbian only really shines with button based hardware; with a touch level added on, it's like that animated gif head repeatedly slamming itself into a brick wall.

With what I recoup from it, I'll either go with a Nexus One or wait two months and pick up an iPhone 4.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

I can't find a thread for the X6, if there is one please merge this post.

Anyone got one yet? 4 Questions:

1) is it stable?
    2) better or worse than the currently available S60 devices?
    3) Is it worth the $$
    4) Best and worst things about it

First hand account preferred, thanks

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

Usually with touchscreen Nokias, as opposed to other touchscreen phones I've used, it would be better to go to the T9 option if you have it, though I'm not sure if the X6 has this like the 5530. The width of the phone makes it good for portrait T9 texting. Unless you hold the phone sideways and want to do two thumb entry like the way most people do with landscape qwerty. The thing is, the touchscreen Nokias as a group tend to be thicker than other TS phones which tend to be as thin as possible, and in my experience, doesn't not make it as nice to hold for landscape thumb typing. The physical form of Nokias --- candybar shape --- is optimized for one hand portrait T9 texting.

The touchscreen T9 text entry on the 5530 was quite a pleasant experience. If I can get a hold on an X6 once again, I'll see if it got a portrait T9 texting keyboard.

Nokia X6

How fast (or slow) are file transfers going through USB on the X6?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

This.
    No technical differences between the two devices.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

So, has anyone tried the new FW on their X6 yet? I'm really curious to see how this thing is performing after all of these updates --

Nokia X6

Lol, this one maybe http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/dagi-capa...lus-p23624.htm

@ Drillbit, x6 does indeed have t9, i was trying to use the hash key to activate it found it now though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information