Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"Nokia Symbian^3 browser refresh delayed until Feb 2011?"

I've actually been forcing myself to use the stock browser lately just to put it through its paces and it's basically acceptable. Terrible by comparison to Android and poor compared to iOS, but serviceable.

The biggest issues are the jerky scrolling, the fact that you have to wait for pages to load completely before scrolling and the fact that it still periodically freezes on complex sites. Something about Engadget, for example, absolutely destroys the browser. In terms of rendering pages, it does so faithfully. It's actually really good in this respect. The pinch-zoom and scrolling are very decent once everything's loaded.

If Opera were to update Mobile 10 with just pinch-zoom for S^3 it would obsolete the stock browser instantly. As it is, pinch-zoom is actually enough of a convenience when surfing that it's worth putting up with the browser's jerky scrolling and performance.

Here is a good page explaining what is coming with Qt 4.7:
    http://www.allaboutmeego.com/news/it...ases_Qt_47.php

I agree, it is far from great but it is also much better than any previous S60 browser I have used.

"Something about Engadget, for example, absolutely destroys the browser."

Maybe it is mutual dislike?:silly:

Love the new features...hate that they weren't included in the final release.

Engadget seriously pisses me off. No matter what I try, they always force me to their full site instead of the mobile version.

It's basically luck of the draw as to which version of the site I get on both S60 and android, though it's easier on android because it'll at least load eventually; the browser on my N95 trying to load engadget's full site is similar to a man trying to eat a single elephant by himself.

good analogy lol

This has been a good idea since the N95-1

I didn't mean you were bashing the n8, and im sure we all feel the same. I actually agree with what u said im never an early adopter although i do get trials to test usually. I got mine because $415.00 is to hard to pass up, and i had a trial 3weeks prior to the purchase and it was well worth it for me. I welcome any upgrades and im happy in what im seeing so far, it finally looks like they are listening, although i wish the browser and upgrades were here at the release.
    I used the other companies for the forum itself not directed at you, just included it the post.

My N8 has been very good so far. Opera mobile does the job and I got used to the keyboards.. there is just so much more on the positive side that easily outweighs the negatives. The update will be nice, and we will be happy they didn't rush things, just like with the phone. I am glad they didn't put out an unstable OS out earlier in the year

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information