Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 217 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Nokia 5800 XM NAM(850/1900): Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread!!

Have a question about the Facebook app that was available from the Ovi store a few weeks ago. When I launch the app, I get 2 prompts asking if the app can use the network. It doesn't seem to matter what I select on the first prompt (yes or No both get me to the second prompt, at which point a yes gets me in and a No kicks me out). Does everybody else get 2 prompts, and if so, is there a way to turn it off? It is very annoying to have to answer the same question twice!

Mine came with a "thick" manual as well, but I was refering to the content of it when I called it a "quick start guide." UK manual is much more detailed and covers many aspects of the phone the US manual does not.

Recently I lost my N82 (and have since bought a 5800 XM). I wanted to let some of my contacts know of my loss, but even though I'd synced with PC Suite there's no way to get at those contacts on the desktop!

Recently I learned you can sync "to the cloud" by using Ovi.com, so I've set it up on my 5800. It wasn't obvious, so here are the crucial steps. Visit Ovi.com and follow their instructions for selecting a device, getting an SMS sent to it, confirming a PIN number and saving the settings. All good to there, but then what?

Go to: Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Data Transfer > Sync

Within 'Sync', you have to use 'Options - Change active sync profile', and then select Ovi.com instead of PC Suite. Finally, Options > Synchronize.

Now my data is safely in the cloud! This service is similar to that offered by Apple's MobileMe.

Well...like you said, all touchscreens can scratch (only a couple of phones are capacitive) that is why the norm is to buy screen protectors, and it has been the norm for years, its one of the first things I did when I bought a PDA 5 years ago.

man the case selection for the iphone is crazy compared to the 5800. why cant some of the iphone case companies work on some nokia cases

it could be, sucks that i can't open more than 3 apps without the phone shutting one of them down itself

damn does anyone get this? it really bugs me. when someone hangs up before you do to starts beeping then shows connection error. i don't mind it when i'm using the headset, but it's loud as hell with my bt headphones.

Still doesn't explain why to begin with, would pressing "you" give "yot" as your primary suggestion. That's just dumb.

When I press 'to' I get 'vm' always.

I just tried your suggestion. It worked for the first word, but every word afterwards It won't register.

I did the cycle 15 times for vm -> to setting but it won't work.

Dangnabbit.

king601,

Thanks for the link. I'm just not sure I want to change my product code. I know it is relatively easy, but it seems like several people have to hard reset to get things to work. I don't want to have to do that. When I updated from v21 to v31 it was super easy and smooth. I checked for updates on the phone and it just updated without me having to do a hard reset or anything. I don't like having to do a back up and then go back and reinstall everything. My phone is working great right now, and the only thing I really want out of v40 is kinetic scrolling. I would hate to screw things up because of something as minor as kinetic scrolling.

Yeap I did that to hard-reset my 5800 XM NAM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information