Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Nokia N8 Pre-Ordre starts today USA

Why? Because AT&T likes to nickle and dime people to death and not invest money back in their network.

I use WiFi when available but I tether and stream a lot when it's not available.

I'm purposely not going to renew my contract with them ever again. If they ever cap me @ 2GB, and it can't be rolled back then I want the option to cancel if needed...

If AT&T were to pick up the N8 then all the S60 talks/discussion will probably shift from the N8 to the e7 around here.

I understand why Nokia would want AT&T for the US market, but that device is going to be crippled.

Kinda funny how Nokia said that they didn't want Android because the number #1 smartphone company shouldn't have to follow the rules/guidlines of somebody else, so how is this really different with AT&T? Sure one could argue that Android is more controlling because of the OS over carrier, but AT&T isn't going to just hand you the keys to the kingdom without agreeing to the house rules first...

(I'm obviously not counting previous devices like e71x/Surge because they weren't Nokia's Flagship Phones)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So much for your $$=euro theory...o well, I was hoping you'd be correct

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oof. For that price, you may as well break your existing cell phone contract and get a Droid X or Evo or Epic 4G, and it may even be cheaper.

Way to kill your product with pricing. I'd be willing to pay, maybe $300, unlocked.

Well $550 wasnt' expected. I was hoping for around $450. But those of you stating this should be around 3-350 have got to be joking. Sure it might not be what you want but give some credit where credit is due. Hell a regular lg dumbphone can run you $400 non contract price.

I didn't call anyone fanboy & don"t let my avatar fool you. I am using a x10a now in addition to ip4. My response was simply an answer to a question that there is no other phone plays 720p. Don't let this thread run into another iphone thread

If I have to pay more than 15 dollars a month I will move on to another carrier. My 3G coverage goes out for hours at random times during every day and my calls are consistently dropped. Like someone else said AT&T already nickels and dimes people like crazy for their inferior service. That's why I buy unlocked cell phones anyway to save a few bucks on my monthly bill. When the N8 finally ships I will probably start using more bandwidth because of the 12mp camera pictures being sent ect...

True but the N8 will probably have no problems making calls and if accidentally drop it there a good chance it will survive...

Let's play with currencies:

Nokia USA N8 price S 549 -> ? 426.15

Nokia Finland N8 price ? 499 -> S 643.03

And for those who want to buy the N8 at S 300 or somethin...

s 300 -> ? 232.82

with that price tag you can buy the Nokia 6700 classic or the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic from the Nokia Finland store, so uumm...

Not gonna happen ever :lolup:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information