Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N8 Pre-Ordre starts today USA

Unfortunately it's not going to do me any good. I've got the Telus Version of the Milestone.

Telus users might not see 2.2 until 2011, or even possibly not at all.

This is where Motorola is "Officially" at with all Android phones.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...ftwareupgrades

For me it's not that huge of a deal as for other people. This is my backup phone (night & weekends) for now.

It's a fun phone to use, but it can't handle my daily work needs like the e72 currently does...

I don't think it's likely to happen anyway. Nokia, AT&T and Verizon have had frosty relations for some time, despite the E71x. They have a current business relationship with T-Mobile USA, so if anything it'll pop-up there.

All you need to know about Nokia and AT&T is that they chose to carry a Sony Ericsson S60v5 phone, the Vivaz over, say, an X6 or E72. An AT&T N8 probably won't happen.

Besides, even though I'm a subscriber, AT&T simply sucks. I'm there because I'm a carry over from an older contract; there's no reason to be on Big Blue aside from that or if you want an iPhone.

LMAO. What a damn joke. My N97 Mini had pretty average RF performance at best. I'm sick and tired of the Nokia fanboys pretending you can't make calls with any phone but a garbage, outdated Nokia. What a joke.

We will see Nokia phones on AT&T. AT&T is part of Symbian Foundation. Nokia should wait for S^4 to push Symbian in to USA. MeeGo is more likely to be used by AT&T.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Outdated Nokia increased market share from 40% to 42% in Q2. Don`t blame Nokia for At&t coverage issues. And Symbian OS is more functional than any other OS on the market, outdated UI is the problem.

Samsung is part of the Symbian Foundation too....and they announced they're not making any more Symbian phones. Belonging to a Foundation doesn't mean a whole lot, from a business strategy perspective.

$300 unlocked? What planet are you from?

I'm curious to know how long amazon is going to have this stock also.

Alas, much in vain. The N86 picture quality seems to be quite lacking, for good reason (4.6mm focal length, vs. 5.4mm on the N97/N85, 5.6mm on the N95, and 5.91mm on the Sony Ericsson C905a and Satio).

In turn, this translates to a smaller sensor area capturing light/reflection from a given object a given distance away from the camera. The sensor may still be as large as these other cameras (1/2.5" in the case of all of the above), but thus captures light from a much wider angle. In other words: the wide angle of the N86 is to compensate for lacking focal length without completely destroying image quality in the name of increasing the megapixel count.

As for the other 12MP phones, the Satio and the Pixon12, their sensor sizes simply cannot support such a large pixel count. Each pixel is simply too small to capture useful information, and the they are simply bound to produce 12 million pixels of random noise.

Even with the best optics seen in a mobile phone (good lens, about 5.9mm focal length, 1/1.8" sensor), the "sweet spot" as far as megapixel count would not be higher than about 3 million. Beyond this, image quality degrades due to lacking dynamic range (S/N ratio), lacking color depth, susceptibility to blooming when capturing against a bright background, etc.

I use close to 200mb a day from tethering because my work internet is slow and they block everything...love my X6 tethering ...just one click with Ovi

Probably won't see the N8 on Amazon or Newegg till mid October

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information