Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Nokia N8 Unlocked-Unbranded now available in Canada

Hello all. I'm a long time reader. I just ordered a green N8 from newegg.ca. I'm kinda nervous from reading all the tragic stories, but many of them seem to be solved with an exchange. I have no doubt its the phone for me. I'm also thinkin' 'bout if I jumped the gun; should I have waited for the E7? The larger screen would kill the battery faster & make it not as pocket friendly? Am I wrong thinking that? Thanks to everyone who contributes to these forums, ya'll have been great help in choosing a phone.

I just saw the Nokia N8 unbranded and unlocked available for $799.00 Canadian available on this site in Ontario.

http://www.sntradersonline.com/phone...uct_id=snp1343

The $799 Canadian price seems a bit too high though it does include free shipping. How do others fee about this price?

I have never purchased from SN Traders so I have no idea what their reputation is like. I'm still undecided whether I'll go ahead and buy an N8 from them later this week.

Anyone else here ever bought from them?

Anywhere else in Canada now selling unlocked-unbranded Nokia N8s?

My lastest tracking from newegg.ca:
    2010/10/28 01:43 Left via PHILADELPHIA - PHL depot

Ordered on Tuesday, so hopefully will get it tomorrow, as I paid extra for Purolator International. There is a free shipping option also, but that's via ground, and based on my past experience ordering stuff from newegg.ca, it takes about a week going that route.

Well I got about 3 hours of use out of it, and it is dead. Can't get it to turn on. It rebooted a number of times in that 3 hour period. I'm tired of it, and I will see about sending it back.

Considering that two of us got bad phones, I don't recommend anyone getting this phone, until Nokia fixes this issue, and it seems to be an issue, as others are reporting this also.

I wish I could get a refund. Thinking I should get something else.

Sound like it's a $150 too expensive, considering that the US and Can $ are so close to parity. I hope no one pays that.

I ordered mine from Newegg.ca on Sunday and it's on the truck for delivery today!! They are shipping from Ontario and not California which is nice...

A majority of N8's are working without issue.. Any problems and Newegg will RMA it for you. I suspect we won't see the E7 until late 2011 if we judge by Nokia's history of talking about a product then finally launching it 10 months later... I suspect once the E7 releases there will be talk of the next best thing around the corner.. If we always used your logic none of us would buy anything

I received my both N8s (Silver and Grey) and I am still debating which one to keep.
    My first choice was silver but after looking and the grey one, I might change my opinion.
    Well the device is rock solid, best Nokia I have ever used. Software is stable, much-2 better than S60v5 (N97).
    I don't what others think, but for me this device is awesome. Recommended to all Symbian lovers and ex-lovers too!

I ordered mine on a thursday night and if someone would have been at home to get the delivery then i would have got it tuesday.

You can use a mail-receiving service. For people in Vancouver, there's The Letter Carrier and TSB Shipping in Point Roberts. I'm sure there are some in Blaine too, and for people in the East I'm sure there are options in Buffalo or whatnot that offer the same service. They receive mail for you, e-mail you when it gets there and charge you a few bucks when you pick it up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine was there at 1:53.. I must say Purolator has the WORST online tracking ever.. No record of it leaving jersy ( where it was on original email ), i would expect the package has been somewhere else by now to be scanned.. not very exciting one of the most fun parts of online shopping ( beyond receiving the package ) is watching where it's traveling... where's our 14$ worth of entertainment!!! :silly:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information