Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Nokia N8 Unlocked-Unbranded now available in Canada

Well, my N8's battery ran down this evening on the way home from a friend's place while using navigation in OVI Maps. Gave me a scare because Nokia Battery Monitor said I still had > 75% left, yet it still turned itself off. Was sure I had a dud. Got home, plugged in the charger, left for 10 minutes, and fortunately it powered back up. The battery meter in the upper right corner said 10% and charging. So maybe the battery was dying and NBM isn't accurate. At any rate, I backed up my phone using OVI suite, just in case.

By the way, OVI Maps rocks. Offline search for supermarkets, stores like future shop, home depot, etc, all works. Navigation is really cool too, with overhead and 3D view, voice guidance that works even when viewing another app like the calendar, etc. Route recalculation was faster than an old Tom Tom I once used. My wife has a Nexus One, and even she says Ovi Maps is more awesome than anything she's found for Android (so far). Maps and the camera are the two things I like most about the N8. And the phone. the call quality is awesome.

Yeah OVI Maps + Camera + Call Quality are what make this phone shine..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i admit, i exaggerated a little bit on the brightness. i'm one of those people who needs complete darkness and silence to sleep. love my n8. got used to the soft keyboard, i type much better with one hand than two.

the only quip i have now is the wifi/3g constantly trying to connect when not needed. hopefully the new firmware will fix that.

SN traders biggest rip off...they constantly sell phones that are completely overpriced. I think the Iphone was at $1600 at one point and are still selling it for a higher price that apple themselves.

You just don't do business from people who try to take advantage of you whenever they see an opportunity

I needed to find a Staples here in Vancouver, and did a search in Ovi maps, listed them, selected one, and saved as favorite, took the Canada Line downtown, getting off one stop father away as wanted to test Ovi maps, and then had the program provide walk guidance to where it was. In Staples, saw some laser printer paper I wanted to buy, went online with the Opera mini browser, and checked another store's prices, and decided to buy the one that I saw there.

Last night, listened to FM radio, while doing some web browsing, scrolling through vacation photos (have about 1400 loaded), checking news in Bloomberg, etc., without any hickup or pause in the sound, or apps I was running, and didn't close anything down, able to switch smoothly from app to app.

No 1GHz processor, and no 512MB of RAM people insist a phone needs.

Try to take the N8 out of my hand! You would have a very hard time doing that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information