Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

STUPID KIDS! N8 Cracked Lens. Options?!?

I was at the airport and a bunch of kids running around like apes ran into me I dropped my phone and noticed the lens is cracked. What options do I have? I know Nokia isn't going to cover it.

nothing really, you could try seeing if cnn.cn has anything and buy the part and do it yourself. or send it to nokia and hope that they fix it, if not, i'd rather just pay them for the work if it's not too pricey.

Any thoughts on whether an Otterbox would have helped in this situation? I'm not trying to make the OP feel bad, but I'm using my N8 in the raw so far and I've been teetering on whether to get a case for it. My recollection is that the camera is slightly recessed inside the Otterbox case which might have made the difference.

depends on how it dropped i guess. but i believe any protection is better than none at all.

It's not. The entire camrea area on N8 when using the Otterbox Impact case is left completely exposed. The exposed part is also almost completely flush with the case. This means that the Otterbox Impact for N8 provides almost no protection for the camera.

I don't even think it would've only cracked if it fell flush on the lens. Likely it was the shock/vibration throughout the phone, from where it made contact, that moved the frame enough to crack the lens.

So in theory, unless he was really unlucky and the phone fell flush against the ground with maybe something debris hard enough and stick up enough that the lens fell directly on it, the otterbox sounds like it could've helped.

I'm keeping mine naked anyways.

Looking at the pictures of the Otterbox I would say that it would have NOT prevented this crack.

Nokia wouldn't even give me a quote for the repair. They said its officially out of warranty and that I would need to talk to a 3rd party repair shop out of Texas. So far the quote for the Texas shop is $100 and about a 2 day turnaround.

Out of warranty? When did you get your N8, as far as I know there is a 12 months warranty? My wife got a refurbished X6 after she tore off the side slide lock and that phone was purchased in March 2010.

dropping it probably voids warranty...

dropping it to the point that something is physically broken voids warranty

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information