Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Nokia Nuron 5230 as modem

Hello! Relative Noob here. I searched the forum quite extensively and have bits and pieces of information on how to tether a Nokia Nuron 5230 to my Macbook Pro (OSX 10.5). I want to use the phone (and its 3G internet connectivity) as a modem to access the www. Does anyone have step by step instructions? Any help is muhc appreciated. thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have nokia 5230 with mobilicity. i have no problem to connect to my laptop through data cable and i can get interent on my laptop from mobilicity network. it is very straight forward. what you have to do is to download nokia 7.1 pc suite and not the ovi suite which is for syn and mangement. 7.1 pc suite is more easier to set up. once you download it and connect your data nokia cable to the pc then look for 3th icon and you will have to wait for 10 second and it will start to get connected. if you have any question on that part, please let me know. beside that, i have a question for you guy. i have ipod touch 4g and i have problem to get internet tether with nokia 5230. can anyone help me out here and tell me step by step? i got nokia 5230 connected with ipod touch 4g throguht bluetooth, but how to get internet tethering with ipod touch so i can get internet access for ipod touch through mobiclicity network. please lets me know asap. thanks.

i have nokia 5230 with mobilicity. i have no problem to connect to my laptop through data cable and i can get interent on my laptop from mobilicity network. it is very straight forward. what you have to do is to download nokia 7.1 pc suite and not the ovi suite which is for syn and mangement. 7.1 pc suite is more easier to set up. once you download it and connect your data nokia cable to the pc then look for 3th icon and you will have to wait for 10 second and it will start to get connected. if you have any question on that part, please let me know. beside that, i have a question for you guy. i have ipod touch 4g and i have problem to get internet tether with nokia 5230. can anyone help me out here and tell me step by step? i got nokia 5230 connected with ipod touch 4g throguht bluetooth, but how to get internet tethering with ipod touch so i can get internet access for ipod touch through mobiclicity network. please lets me know asap. thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information