Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

(Straight Talk) Want to Flash my Nokia E71 to be able to still use with foreign SIM

So I have the new straight talk deal on the E71. The only downside is that it's domestic only. Well worth the savings, but I noticed the E71 they sent me is locked. I want to still be able to use it with a foreign SIM when I travel, and I hear that updating the firmware to the generic firmware will remove the lockdown to Straight Talk. The problem is it won't let me update with the Straight Talk sim in it, and it won't let me without any sim or a non Straight Talk SIM.

Is there some tool that'll do it?

(Straight Talk) Want to Flash my Nokia E71 to be able to still use with foreign SIM

Sorry, but you are mistaken. Installing a different firmware will not remove a sim lock on a Nokia phone. You'll still need to unlock the phone regardless of which fimrware version is installed.

Oh wow that's good to know. If I buy an unlock code on eBay will it work or is there something specific about Straight Talk that won't allow it?

If the Ebay seller has codes for the Straight Talk company, it will work as long as code unlocking hasn't been blocked because of wrong codes being enterered too many times.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information