Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Where are the updates? Frustrating...

We are currently at about 26% of Q1 so it is almost 3/4 left before it ends? Maybe math was not your strongest subject in school?

And it took 4 months for the US NAM version to get v5 after it initially dropped. And to have them break crap like the menu shortcuts going to v3 is just inexcusable. I'm taking a break from Nokia until they get their **** together.

I was thinking the same thing, but some people have a penchant for the dramatic.

I fall into the camp of those who know that the phone could be improved but still find it quite useful already. I'm still planning to post a mini-review of the N8 when I have a chance but for the most part I feel software updates should just make this phone even that much better.

I'm not jealous of Android or iPhone. I considered them as well and they are both great, but there were some things about the N8 that I just didn't see in the other phones and I'm glad for it.

Me too on taking a break from Nokia. I was eligible for an upgrade from T-Mobile and dumped the E73 I picked up on eBay for a myTouch 4G. I'll miss Ovi Maps, but I won't miss the rest of Nokia's buggy and inconsistent software. Nokia knows how to make some pretty good hardware, but by and large they seem lost when it comes to software. It's frustrating to see a company that I know is capable of being so much better than this being mired in its current state.

^ +1 On soooo many levels this!

I had 3 different Galaxy S phones die on me. 2 DOA out of the box, and one was right after the Froyo upgrade. Then you have the rumors that Samsung is just sitting on updates, and XDA users are supporting Samsung phones way better than Samsung.

Shame because the Galaxy S is a amazing device when it "works", but the reliability of the phone just blows.

The whole experience with Samsung (and even HTC was a disappointment) has given me a little more patience with Nokia.

For at least 2011, it's probably going to be only Nokia and Motorola for me. I used to be that type of person who would only buy Nokia or Motorola, and I'm currently sliding back into becoming that person again...

Everybody's a comedian I tell 'ya.

That's what I remember.

Honestly, I'd rather have more Nokia apps (like Situations, the new RSS one, Battery Monitor, etc) and apps update than a firmware update. I can't really think of a major bug right now that needs to be fixed via a Firmware update... I think the Wireless WPA2 thing is still an issue...

I'm hoping that with the recent app updates there's indication that they will update them independently.

I'd like to see a new Camera UI... Nothing so pedestrian like tap to focus, but something a little bit friendly... less Menu/Sub Menu Driven.

It's my understanding that after one of the PRs (2?) that the browser will start to be independently updated too.

They also need to provide updates via the Ovi Store!!!!!

PS The only thing I want via a Firmware update right now is Qt 4.7.x!!!!!

I recently bought another e72 (from the recent Dell sale) and sold off my current one just to have v3 firmware again.

Battery life IMO is much better on v3 and the 7/8 shortcut buttons missing don't bother me at all one bit. I just throw programs in those slots that I would never use anyway so it's really not an issue for me...

What issue exists with WPA2? I have been using it at home with my N8 and haven't noticed anything.

you really believe they will get 2.0 out by end of march when they haven't even got 1.1 out yet? Not me. I am a student of history.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information