Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Where are the updates? Frustrating...

I can't even take motorola seriously to be honest. My friend's Droid X has given him nothing but trouble, and I hate the changes they make to the interface. Some of them make no sense at all, especially when they gimp basic things that are available in stock android such as being able to set different volumes for ringtones, media and other alerts. I'm not convinced the dual core processors will make a big difference with android 2.2 either, which is why I see no need to get a phone with one until later.

Satisfied with my nexus one for at the very least another year, and even if I was looking I don't know what I'd get-I know lots of people who think HTC's devices look exactly the same and bland, and while I like the feel and clean design of my phone, seeing the new set of leaks has me convinced they're right. Maybe something nice will pop up at MWC, but I'm hoping Palm has a better handset than the Pre 2 or the N9 somehow makes it out the door and is a device I'd use daily.

If you play videogames or at least know about the whole Guitar Hero and Rock Band craze, I almost wonder if these cases, docks, keyboard docks, and now a device specific laptop dock are going to be the mobile equivalent of tons of plastic instruments strewn around your house.

Lastly, as I know you're importing these from canada, please tell me you got refunds for the DOA phones.

Wow even with Symbian^3 they still have this problem? That's why I haven't gone running out to buy the latest Nokia not after the lack of updates they had on the N95-3, should at least have updated it up to Symbian v3rd FP2. I would have expected them to have their $#&& straight and update phones now. Sad to see great hardware wasted on crappy software and lack of updates. With ATT cutting of Blue customers I'm holding out on buying a new phone just yet but it will be an Android phone, that's for sure.

Got refunds for 2 out of 3.

2 were bad Bells and 1 was a bad Telus Fascinate. The one that I didn't get a refund, I threw on eBay and almost got my full money back anyway so I really can't complain. The one on eBay the buyer will probably get a new phone from Samsung so it's a win-win.

As for HTC, I've had the Tilt, Tilt2, 2 different Desires, (one with and without the AT&T 3G bands) and had a Nexus One (borrowed) for a while. If there's one strength I can say about HTC phones is they are amazing to customize and probably the fastest for updates. However every one that I've used were crummy for holding calls and they drop way too frequently. (almost as bad as my time with the 3Gs)

My one friend has a Fuze and a Blackberry and every time he drops a call I ask him if he's on the Fuze and the answer is yes.

That's why I love Motorola and Nokia. If you gotta make a call, you have a much better chance of holding the line. Sure you have your dead zones, but my HTC's were dropping calls in places that blew my mind. The pizza restaurant by my work was one of those "places".

So let's look at what I'm currently using. A Telus Milestone, and a e72. Both blow in terms of "Updates" but they are 2 of the most reliable phones that I've used (although the Milestone required a little bit of work to get there).

This year I'm looking at the Atrix, the Nokia N9, and possibly the e6 (to replace my e72). All 3 will be lousy for updates, but "hopefully" all 3 will be better than my *ahem* "Samsung experience"...

Why are you so concerned about PR 1.1 remember it is a rumor, instead you should be just concerned about what nokia promised that there will be a major update in in Q1 2011

How was the camera on the Nexus One? BTW, there is a Nexus Two unlocked on T-Mobile bands, I haven't heard much about it?

Camera was decent on the N1.

The only thing I've head about the N2 is that it's going to be by Samsung and called the Nexus S. Although with it being a Samsung phone who knows if the Nexus S will ever see Honeycomb and Gingerbread is nothing to get excited about.

That's why when Dr Tran made the update comment in regards to Samsung he couldn't have been any more dead on.

Nokia users should spend some time with Samsung, and I think many would agree that Nokia's support surprisingly is better...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not concerned because I returned my n8 the day after I got it. my point is they were supposed to deliver 1.1 in december and here we are in late jan. believing nokia is going to deliver something on time seems like insanity to me.

I wonder if that's the reason T-Bong hasn't been trolling the S60 forum for awhile? :hehehe:

LOL! I forgot about all of that... :lol:

The phone works fine with the current software.. in the updates we've had so far they improved the social app, the speed of the phone a bit, and added subtitle support for divx in the native video player (how many phones can do that?) + improved photo gallery. I am not defending them, I am just saying that they are working on it.. slowly : )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information