Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Cellphones Nokia CEO Stephen Elop rallies troops in brutally honest 'burning platform

I really hope this is true. Elop is going to run Nokia into the ground.

Cellphones Nokia CEO Stephen Elop rallies troops in brutally honest 'burning platform

Nokia stock downgraded by all major brokerage houses. JP Morgan got an "underweight".

Nokia lost $17 billion of its stock value in one day, Its around $35 billion now. Facebook is worth more at $52 billion. There was a time Nokia was worth like nearly $150 billion.

Apple is now worth over $300 billion, Google is worth $200 billion and rising, Microsoft is stagnant or getting lower from $228 billion.

Tablet sales (iPad and all) are now having an effect on netbook and laptop sales which means less Windows and Office revenue for Microsoft. Microsoft is fighting the wrong battle on mobile when it should be fighting tablets.

Good points Drillbit. I agree about MS not focusing on tablets. However I don't see them losing on MS office as there are no other competetors in that segment. Sure laptop/PC sales are going down, but that's more of the consumer segment. Enterprise/SMB & even consurmers who needs MS office still buy laptop/PC. However MS need to watch Apple, as they are slowly increasing Macs/Macbooks sales!

So Plan B was fake :lol:

There is no plan B for Nokia I think

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information