Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is it that my female acts all tough at home then like out of our home...

...she is like fearful like dont bark? well the tittle explains most of it like at home she barks growls and barks at other dogs but as soon as we get out of the house how she acts is diffrent like tail down dnt bark or growl why is that and at home she does whatever she wants well I try to stop her sometimes but why is it I dont get it..
    Ceaser is awsome i have a male my female is submissive i know i knew that since she was a puppy but i have a male who think he is dominante when we first got him he got on my females bed marking territory so i knew he was going to be the trouble one..
    thanks cause on walks or like parks she is like all calm little bit nervous but at home all hell breaks lose lol.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every "pack" MUST have a leader. Even a dog who doesn't WANT to be a leader will take the role if no one else does. That is nature at work. It sounds like your dog is caught in that trap. Since there is a lack of any other real leader, she has taken on the role at home. When out in the world, however, her REAL temperament shows. What she really WANTS is a leader to follow. What she HAS is a home where she has been FORCED to assume a leadership role she is not suited for. Step up and be the leader she wants and needs. She will be a much happier dog. Get the book "Be the Pack Leader" by Cesar Milan. Many people here dislike him, but I find his knowledge of dog behavior to be excellent, and if used properly, his methods work wonders.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my dog dose that too, it knows the house so it is not scared of it but when you go other places it will probably be less Territorial because they don't go there all the time and dont know about it yet

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is scared inside and outside, its just she feels comfortable enough to "defend" herself inside.
    She needs more socialization so she isn't so scared.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information