Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why did Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out a full coroners inquest into...

...the death of Dr David Kelly? Speaking in the Commons, Mr Grieve told MPs the evidence that Dr Kelly took his own life was "overwhelming".

There was no evidence to support claims he was murdered or "any kind of conspiracy theory", he said.

In PM question time on 10/05/11 David Careron's answer to a question from Peter Tapsell MP stated: On the issue of Dr David Kelly, I thought the results of the INQUEST that’s been carried out and the report into it were fairly clear and I don’t think it’s necessary to take that case forward.’

The whole point is that the INQUEST did not produce a finding, the finding of suicide was the conclusion of the Hutton INQUIRY and was not conducted under the normal legal rigours required of a coroner's inquest. Hutton's finding of suicide was prejudicial from the outset of his proceedings as the record shows.

In a matter of this utmost gravity 'fairly clear' is a long way from being clear enough. Remember we are dealing with a matter that comprised our nation's justification for going to war.

There are a great deal of very disconcerting facts that need detailed examination, with evidence taken under oath, by a coroner in an inquest.

This is because the standard of proof applied at an inquest is usually the civil standard – the coroner and jury must be sure that it was more likely than not (on the balance of probabilities) that the facts have been found proven to support the verdict. There are exceptions: if the verdict of suicide or unlawful killing is reached, it must be proven beyond all reasonable doubt (this is the criminal standard).

Therefore there remains a reasonable doubt: The finding of suicide should have been proven beyond reasonable doubt but as the evidence given to the Hutton Inquiry was not given under oath a reasonable doubt consequentially must remain.

Hence I remain focused on this legal aspect. All other matters are far more speculative and open to cheap-shot criticism; at least until such time they have been fully examined in a court under oath.

It was Mr Blair who immediately called for an urgent inquiry following the death of Dr David Kelly. Lord Woolf subsequently demanded a veto over the appointment of judges to conduct public inquiries and now the Commons Public Administration Committee call for public comment on inquiries terms of reference.

It was the findings of this inquiry which ultimately supplanted the process of the coroners inquest. Dr Kelly is the only British citizen who has been a single victim of an incident resulting their sudden death and yet not had a coroners inquest return a verdict.

The Hutton inquiry was not the appropriate means by which to conclude the cause of Dr Kelly's death. Lord Hutton's remit was to 'urgently' examine the 'circumstances surrounding' the death of Dr Kelly. An inquiry of this type usually relates to an incident - such as a rail disaster - where individual's cause of death is not so much at question but rather to question the cause of the incident itself. The terms of reference given to Lord Hutton are no wider in their scope.

The coroner, Nicholas Gardiner, should have been allowed to concluded his inquest before the Hutton inquiry commenced. Failing this the coroner should not have subsequently waited for Lord Hutton's findings. His delay in reconvening the coroners inquest anticipated Lord Hutton may drawn a conclusion in his report as to the probable cause of death. Lord Hutton should not have attempted to draw a conclusion as to the cause of death as this was outside of his remit and the "rigours that are normally undertaken at a coroner's inquest simply were not fulfilled" (I quote coroner Dr Michael Powers).

Nothing obvious was to be gained by so very 'urgently' commencing Lord Hutton's inquiry. Indeed it was inappropriate to have urgently commenced the inquiry without the coroner having first confirmed how Dr Kelly died. From the outset this was a prejudicial conclusion of the Hutton inquiry. An inquest's verdict of suicide and murder has to be established beyond reasonable doubt. If the coroner had returned an open verdict the thrust of the Hutton inquiry would have been wholly different or perhaps not occurred at all.
    I meant to write - rule out - darn!
    Correction: There has subsequently been another case of a single death where subsequently where no inquest verdict has been returned but an inquiry is to take its place.

Azelle Rodney was shot in Hale Lane, Edgware, on April 30, 2005, by armed police:
    http://www.barnet-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=35339

http://azellerodneyinquiry.independent.gov.uk/
    The dates for the main hearings are yet to be confirmed.
    Access to Justice Act 1999
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1999/22/contents

Inquiries Act 2005: A masterpiece of obfuscation
    http://my.telegraph.co.uk/johnmitchell/faux_john_mitchell/10089535/Inquiries_Act_2005_A_masterpiece_of_obfuscation/

Ref: Tin-GodDr - Kelly's death was ruled to be suicide by a coroner and not the Hutton inquiry
    the Hutton Inquiry has no powers to hold an inquest into any-ones death
    Source(s):
    my head

I am sorry but I think on this occasion your doubtlessly fine 'head' has let you down. The whole point is the coroner's inquest was suspended because the coroner did not want his inquest to be running at the same time as Hutton Inquiry. After Hutton finished, and published his inquiry's report, the coroner reconvened his inquest only to accept that Hutton had draw a conclusion as to the cause of death and closed the inquest. The INQUEST did not draw a verdict based on evidence heard under oath. So there must remain 'reasonable doubt' since no evidence has been taken under oath.

Unregistered
    Sounds good , az custom to your company blog, just supplying miles lubim ; )

Unregistered
    This one is an inspiration personally to uncover out far more associated to this subject. I need to confess your information prolonged my sentiments in addition to I am going to proper now take your feed to remain up to date on each coming weblog posts you might possibly create. You are worthy of thanks for a job completely executed!

Afforgosy

Comedies

I like watching exciting tv shows online at . I'm a individual who can't envision it's existence with no Tv. I do believe that a lot of of you possess such a love in common with me and it's not bad in any way, each of the everyone is importance of developing a rest.
    Most people can suppose that I have penned a lot of characters to study but I take pleasure in tv shows too much that I can communicate regarding them daily for a long time!
    Hi there, all people! It appeared to be tough to me to find a correct thread for my post, so I've placed it here.
    I just really want to share my thoughts with you.
    Many of us all want to observe Tv programs because sometimes they are exciting, at times they are dull, sometimes they're amusing or depressing.
    We do not know what will be there in a next episode and we get more and more fired up with every new episode.

Unregistered

reader to RSS my feed

Yes there should realize the reader to RSS my feed to RSS commentary, quite simply

Unregistered

I think, that you have deceived.

The matchless message, is pleasant to me

Unregistered

I love www.livingislamonline.com

I was impressed with the way you expressed your thoughts about Why did Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out a full coroners inquest into... - Reply to Topic. I can not belive that somebody can write an amazing story like thet about I love Why did Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out a full coroners inquest into... - Reply to Topic.

Unregistered

I love www.gobernabilidad.cl

I was impressed with the way you expressed your thoughts about Why did Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out a full coroners inquest into... - Reply to Topic. I can not belive that somebody can write an amazing story like thet about I love Why did Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out a full coroners inquest into... - Reply to Topic.

Unregistered

Edward Cherry Bio "Ed Cherry Investments sdr8ekb"

Edward Cherry manages just over $22 million dollars in assets Ed Cherry Graduated from Nova Law School

In 1999, Edward Cherry Graduated from Nova Law School. Nova Southeastern University, commonly referred to as NSU or Nova, is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian, research university located in Broward County, Florida, with its main campus in the town of Davie. The university is the largest independent institution of higher education in the southeastern United States and is the seventh-largest not-for-profit independent university nationwide.

Edward Cherry aka Ed Cherry is currently with The Center for Legal Justice of Palm Beach County, Florida operates as a Private Lawyer Referral Service. Edward Cherry also manages just over $22 million dollars in assets. With investments in atm machines, distressed real estate and REO properties, Edward Cherry and his firm projects earnings this year of over 35% on each dollar invested. Growth Capital Funding Partners is always looking for deals to invest capital or originate debt. See more at GCFPARTNERS.com

Related Searches:
    Edward Cherry, Ed Cherry, Eric Cherry, ICN, Hess Kennedy, Edward Cherry... largest independent institution, The Center for Legal Justice and Ed Cherry, The Center for Legal Justice and Ed Cherry, Mr Ed Cherry is a Nice guy, Edward Cherry Private Lawyer Referral Service, Why pick Ed Cherry Law?.

8xynb7da9t81kb

Unregistered

I love www.redlandsupply.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information