Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big wedding or more intimate size wedding?

Would you rather go to a big wedding with 200-400 people, and it would be like a big party. Or would you want to go to a wedding where there is 100-200 people the food is awesome and it seems more intimate. I can't decide which to have.

I've been invited to both kinds and love them both. But I've also haven't been invited to a few smaller weddings and was disappointed.

So what do you think and why?

Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You write: So what do you think and why?

I think this is something best discussed between bride and groom. Strangers on Yahoo Answers don't know the sizes of your extended families, the extent of your budget, and your individual preferences.

So I would say that bride and groom should discuss it together and decide. Making this decision together is good practice for the many decisions you two will be making together in your married life.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A wedding with more than 100 is no longer an intimate wedding. The decision is yours. My hubby and I have created our guest list and the total came out to a little less than 150. I've checked the prices to the places where I'd like my ceremony/reception to be and food alone, will cost more than $6,000! We're thinking of cutting down our list 50% and having more of an intimate wedding.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    100-200 is not intimate. It is still a fairly large wedding.

I completely agree with Perse. No one is close with 200-400 people and weddings are for your closest family and friends. Of course, the food is a huge priority at a wedding - you mention that the food would be "awesome" with less guests, implying that you cannot afford to comfortably feed the larger number. That's your answer right there. You never invite more guests than you can afford to properly host.

We had 120 at our wedding and I felt it was the perfect amount.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A couple should focus more on the marriage than the wedding.
    So many "brides" only look at the wedding day as their big special day that they are queen of the universe.
    The next day, however, all they are lift with is the clean up and their husband.
    Two facts there never seem prepared for.

You go for the party. The bigger the better and that is all you have invested.
    The Bride and Groom are investing a lot more.

Honestly I don't think I know enough people, or am close to enough people that I could invite more than 200 people. I would have probably 100 or less. Also the more people invited means the more expensive the wedding will be.
    Each plate of food cost 35-100 dollars, depending on where you have the reception.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information