Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Royal Wedding; did any black person (around the world) laugh their socks

off at Sherri Shepherd's jape? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382074/Royal-wedding-2011-The-Views-Sherri-Shepherd-asks-Where-black-people.html

I most certainly laughed - treating the jape in a far different manner than the Mail did, inserting the size-fits-all word 'controversial' to their story. Of course Sherri and her lot mocking the dress fashions of other Royals (including the top honcho; QE2) was a bit sneery - well...showing the other side of America which is taken on by people of all colours.
    Or did most of us keep away for obvious reasons? One of whom being this story, ending with; 'Another senior officer said he hoped an unofficial army of "Royalist middle-Englanders" lining the route would deter any spontaneous protesters'

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110429/tuk-police-arrest-18-along-royal-wedding-45dbed5.html

Also laughed at the 'un-named' officers (if ever there was one) hope, but in the England of 2011 with young black kids acting like morons with guns they can hardly control (mostly in London & Manchester), anyone of a certain shade who says anything 'out of turn' in the tea-room, and white people being terrified not entirely by crime, but the fears thereof, most black people who just might remember how they were treated in the time before and after the last Royal Wedding, will be going about life far from SW1, wishing the couple all the best, for I doubt we would want to be spied with hooded-eyes for most of the afternoon by Mrs. Howard-Smythe, with binoculars and mobile-phone close to hand!
    It may be a jape - but suspect many would be able to answer Sherri's part-question also.
    I fear the equally old "Wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest" might beat your slightly misquoted diamond from Abraham Lincoln; "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (well - in this particular question, anyway...which makes me feel glad I'm not on here often!).

If she was looking for her 'own people' shouldn't she be looking for other fat lard arses?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information