3 years ago I had an extentsion done and a brand new kitchen fitted in the new part of the house. I had all new intergrated washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher installed. Today I noticed the cabinet appeared to have some water damage at the bottom so removed the kick board to inspect it. What I found horrified me! The builder appears to have plugged the appliances into a series of electrical extension leads/boards and just left them under the dishwasher. This extension socket them leads to another and then that appears to be wired into the wall somehow as there is socket on teh wall that I can use to switch off all three appliances individually. My question is - Are there regulations that state this should not be done. I've been left with a dishwasher that is leaking onto 2 plugs plugged into an extension lead that is just casually left under the appliance!! God knows how long the machine has been leaking and thank god the electrics haven't blown!! I need to contact him tomorrow as the work is under a 3 year guarantee which expires on 15 sept. Obviously the leaking dishwasher can't be blamed on him but I need this wiring sorted if he's broken the law by leaving it like this! If it does all need to be rewired properly I think the kitchen will have to be ripped out and all done again and the kitchen cost in excess of ?5k! He's not going to be happy so I need to quote chapter and verse especially if (as I think) I might have to take legal action against him to get this sorted.