Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buying a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250 on Craigslist!?

Heres the deal, This guy on craigslist is selling his 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250 for only 2,200... Which is reasonable... Seeing as it only has 764 Miles on it. Thats right, 764 Miles. The bike has had its maintenance, and is running in excellent shape. The title is included.

However, Heres my problem. 2,200 Is a little much for me at the point. I was considering talking him down to 2 grand. But does anyone think I could talk him down to 1850? I mean, im asking for your opinion based on the bikes condition and mileage. The cosmetics are perfect, as it was garaged shortly after purchase because i guess his girlfriend had it, rode it. got scared of it and just kept it in the garage.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely, absolutely try and get a better price. I would try for $1700 if he wont go for that, ask him if he will do $1900 and I guarantee he will sell it for that. If he won't budge, just walk away and tell him $1900 is the best you can do, and most the time they will take the offer, and if they don't and you really want the bike just buy it for what he's asking. Always low ball, so that when they say no, you can still back back with a higher offer that is still lower than they were asking and they'll usually take it I do deals on Craigslist all day long for vehicles, atv's, and just about everything and I never pay full price. Most people will make the selling price more than they actually want/need. BTW, do not listen to people like Roger who say that trying to get a better deal is wrong, because its not. After all, the most important thing to do during a recession is to save money right? Getting people down in price is an art that a lot of people shun because they are not able to do it themselves. Happy Buying! Hope this helped.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    then stop looking at bikes you can not afford If you don't have the money, don't go, What is so difficult? farting around with your finger up your whatsis is wasting his time and your time, then flipping around wondering gee lets see if I can get a better deal yet and go really low. This shows no class. Instead of whishy washy B S tell the guy I like the bike Im sorry all I have is two grand , here is my number if you don't get a better offer call me and walk away. I had some guy sniffing around who pulled that baloney while selling a suburban He tried to negotiate the price , having never seen the vehicle I told him to stop short cutting the process and come see if the vehicle meets his needs, and if he didn't have enough money to not waste my time. Its not any-ones problem but yours if you do not have all of the money. Instead of weaseling around trying to figure out how to sleaze a better deal. Be up front and try telling the truth. You never know , the guy may take the offer, you stop spinning endlessly in your head with 2 grand burning a hole in your pocket, and you dont piss the owner off with false pretenses. I ended up throwing that goofy fart off my property , I dont care who bought it, and In the end I got what I wanted. That is how a deal should be.

Cash money speaks loudly. Take a look at the bike in person and if it is all it is supposed to be make him any cash offer you would like. If he is starting at 2200 I would offer 1700. Watch a few episodes of Pawn Stars and you will see how this works. Getting a deal is half the fun, if you cant get a deal here continue shopping, and sooner or later you will get what you want.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Annnd how are you going to afford;

Gas
    Insurance
    Registration
    Title transfer fees
    And maintenance because that bikes been sitting for 6 years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information