Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im looking to Upgrade my Motorcycle, Ducati Monster 796 or Triumph Street Triple R?

Hey guys, Im looking to upgrade, im just getting reviews/opinions on different types of bikes. Right now im riding an 84 Honda Shadow VT700, 500lb 62hp 42lb torque. I dont know if I want a cruiser upgrade or a naked upgrade. Just weighing my options right now. The two bikes im interested in are the Monster 796 and Street Triple R.

From my experience on the Honda Cruiser do you think Id be ok on one of these bikes? Im a little intimidated not going to lie, but im a cautious rider and not the kind that is looking to pop wheelies in 3rd gear. Im responsible and just looking to upgrade to a great looking/performing bike. The Ducati has its power in the lower rpm range, while the Striple R has its power in the high rpm range. Im shifting around 3-4k rpm in my honda. Do you guy think id be alright on one of these bikes? Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    honestly i prefer cruisers and triumph and victory are certainly great but if i was looking to buy between the two i would prefer the ducati monster
    also the current honda shadows are great bikes

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've ridden both of the bikes on your short list and like both of them but for different reasons.
    Yes the Duc has a bit more grunt in the lower RPM range but the Triumph's power is a more linear and a slightly easier ride because of it as the power torque is wider spread.
    Both bikes handle well, so that part is a personal sort of feel but the Triple has a more relaxed position so it shouldn't feel as much of a change from a cruiser that you've been riding.
    One of the things I really like about the Triumph is that three cylinder 'whirl', though I am prejudice as I ride a Triumph Tiger 955i and while a twin doesn't bother me that whirl is a more satisfying ride to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if it's in your budget but have you considered the Ducati Diavel? I've had the red carbon model for about three months now and it is an awesome bike. The riding position is just slightly more aggressive than that of a cruiser and at 162 HP and 94 pounds of torque it is hard to keep the grin off my face every time I ride it. It is also very low and light (31" seat and 475 pounds) so it is not intimidating unless you ask it to be then watch out. Also don't dismiss it because of the rear 240 tire. If you test drive one you'll never know you have a fat rear tire.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information