Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Vodafone keep overcharging me because of WAP calls that I haven't been using?

For the last 12 months or so I always seem to get charged about ?5 a month for WAP calls. Vodafone say that this is things like skype, messenger etc. I don't use any of these on my phone what so ever. The only things I ever use on the net are facebook and my yahoo email accounts. I am supposed to have up to 500mb free net a month snd my facebook and emails don't go anywhere near 500mb. I keep trying to explain to vodafone that I haven't been using any of these things and they aint being much help. One said I just needed to type in a code and it should sort the problem out, then another said they that maybe I have skype or messenger on my phone and just need to remove them as this can sometimes happen. He said it happened to him and charged him a fiver. I said I havent downloaded anything on my phone, and he said sometimes it just happens, but they can't reimburse me as they would have to reimburse every customer that had the same problem. How can they have a right to charge me for something I haven't done or used? Is there anything I do about it? They aint been very helpful on the phone when I am speaking to them

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this and realised that I had enabled ...Auto update of date and time. the phone was going online daily to do this and incurring charges. This stopped after disabling Auto update.Hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information