Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Changes Slated for March

So, you have the details, but you don't want to post them?? :hehehe:

If you can, please post them. If not, I understand.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4% is not a lot for a company to trim. They may have gained that many employees from the Pocket acquisition... who knows.

So, what is next? Are we going to hear some news soon? I want an Android phone!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who is their partner for the unlimited nationwide roaming?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought it would possibly be worth keeping an I eye on, the announcement will most likely be made from MetroPCS so I thought due to the timing that may be something to watch.

All I know is that changes I am seeing on a corporate level in just my region indicate that its certainly happening before mid summer as they are laying off staff that are vital to run the company.

The only logical reasoning behind it is a buyout and a replacement of redundant positions by staff of the other company. Its happening, don't let anyone fool you into believing its not.

BTW I suggest that all of the flashers need to start familiarizing themselves with the people on the Metro forum, as well as metro's flash settings as I am pretty sure that all phones added to the network after the merger will need to be flashed using Houdinisoft and will need Metros settings.

One good side to this is that it might remove some of the issues of flashed hanRABet saturation, e.g. that gas station next store undercutting you by full flashing pre's for $5 to put you out of biz.

Just FYI, I closed my store and I am remodeling to transition to electronics/computer repair upon learning other information about whats changing. It's going to be great for the end user, but a serious setback for the dealers. (Be prepared to possibly have to re-apply as a dealer and hope the boost guy down the street doesn't have better sales nurabers than you. Metro will not care, They will only care about who makes nurabers.)

Please remeraber that's always better to be prepared than not to and be caught in a bad situation. I learned my lesson the hard way and only hope no one has to go through what I have.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a great move for Apple.... LOL.... THERE'S A MAP FOR THAT!!!! :clapping:
    :lolup:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What you suggest is illegal and unconstitutional. From wikipedia:

"As originally enacted in 1935, the NLRA, National Labor Relations Act, then also known as "the Wagner Act", makes it illegal for employers to discriminate against workers because of their union merabership or retaliate against them for engaging in organizing campaigns or other "concerted activities", to form "company unions", or to refuse to engage in collective bargaining with the union that represented their employees."

"the United States Constitution protects their rights to freedom of speech and freedom of association."

The reality of course is that companies who fire employees for attempting to form a union are subject to a token fine and usually pay it instead of following the multitude of labor laws. Businesses have also manipulated current law to make it extremely difficult for employees who are interested in a union from exercising their right to form one, usually through forcing an 'open' vote and refusing to bargain in good faith. It's surprising to me that the Cricket workers would even have tried to organize.

Before the recession started, the condition of service workers has been declining, it seems like this has only speeded up in the past two years. The lack of awareness (or just not caring about the fact) that the people who work for you are important and are also human beings who need a livable income is the reason good customer service, passable employee morale, and real job security have become a thing of the past.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

all the other **** aside, anyone starting a union should be quickly fired by their company

**** a union in the ***

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not great pictures but here are the ones they had on display.

http://gallery.me.com/yhike#100150

Android even though it was Koycera was pretty cool and felt great in the hand. I was hoping they had Samsung Two Thurab on display but they did not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is what I know from my good friend who has stores all over the US.

1. first month free is going away for sure.
    2. dealers will get 15% of payments instead of the $1 they receive now. e.g. collect a $40 payment that was once $1 compensation, you'll get $6.
    3. The service will be almost nationwide, with nationwide roaming
    4. They have roaming agreements with all of the major US CDMA carriers.
    5. phone compensation will stay the same for the most part for tier 1 dealers, but will be MUCH better for higher tier dealers. e.g. Tier 5 will get almost double the rebate that they are getting now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information