Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Big Changes Slated for March

The Pocket thing is paper, not people so far. The 4% is quite a bit when it's damned near the entire IT department...and you're in it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let's hope it's verizon.

Their coverage is bangin'.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Nationwide coverage" will also include data or will this only work in native cricket areas?

Data and sms are the only real reasons I have a cell phone with occasional calling.

~// @ |2 |) @~

very true, unions should only be started if things get really bad... but you need to see things from their point of view, maybe the economy is taking a toll on their finances, but they also could just be getting selfish... but unions will ruin a company and jack up their prices indirectly... their only good if the company literally abuses their employees, cutting pay isn't abuse, your allowed to quit, free country

i'm not blaming you for quitting, or saying your wrong, but don't bad talk them just yet, they may have good reasons is all i'm saying

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fantastic car analogy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the beginning of your post where you document commonly known information. I said nothing about the legality of my comment, only that they 'should' be fired. Furthermore, if I owned a company there would surely be no union workers present. Even if I had to go to the extent of laying off the entire workforce under false bankruptcy and then renaming and opening the business.

I think you are mistaken about the function of unions in out current society. In 1935 there was a great need for unions, as many workers were actually being physically abused amongst many other serious forms of mistreatment. That is not the case today. Today unions stand for something entirely different. It is sad that unions are formed to hammer wages up and up while they are currently being paid fair to more-than-fair. Today there is no wage abuse, physical abuse, nor any of those other extreme abuses that brought about unions in the early 20th century.

Do some research on Nucor. In an industry where all of their US competitors use union labor, Nucor dominates without the use of a single union employee. And they refuse to hire union workers. They have the right model for the American workforce.

On the subject of the "good customer service, passable employee morale, and real job security," that is not a cause of the employer. This is entirely due to a lack of self-motivation, self-respect, and pride in their work of employees across most all service industry fielRAB. I think more than anything it has to do with this false sense of entitlement that run rampant in today's American society, and the world over.

Things like lawsuits from employees on the most ridiculous grounRAB, affirmative action (a racist regulation determined to stop racism in the workplace), and a serious overworking of political correctness are horrible enough for any employer to deal with. But unions as they stand today are the epitome of what is wrong with the American labor force.

There are surely enough government regulatory agencies, courts, private organizations that monitor and control the private business practices of any given company. Why then do we need unions to protect us from abuses as we did in the early 1900s? The answer is, "We don't!" Unions are just a way for self-entitled people to demand they get more for no increase in their productivity and often a decrease.

I am someone that has worked in so many fielRAB, from rough and fine carpentry, restaurants, and day labor, to office and clerical work, government work, and self-employment, and I do not agree with unions being formed in any industry. It's so ****** that an employee can need to be fired but because they are a union worker, they do not get fired (maybe just moved around). How in the **** do you take away an employers right to fire an employee? Look at that teacher from New York that was making comments about children's butts. Not fired and now retired drawing over $100K on pension. What a crock of ****.

Anywho, I could go on and on. you do not have to agree, but if you look objectively and apply a little logic (rather than everybody deserves to have what others have), then you may find yourself moving a little in another direction.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure. I've had some customers who went to Las Vegas with an real Cricket Moto Z6M and not be able to get coverage even though they had the PEC and dialed *228 before leaving their home area. It seems from that like Cricket could block roaming for customers with non-aws phones in certain areas. Also, I've had serveral people tell me they dial *228 and cannot get coverage in LA, another Metro PCS area.

It may come down to customer and dealer satisfaction. If you tell people they have to buy new phones they don't want in order to get coverage, they will go somewhere else. Also, at some point someone has to think of the economic impact if Cricket does more to hurt flashers. If they eleminate flashing all together, they may lose a lot of dealers. Most people here sell more than one carrier and if they make less money by only having to sell new Cricket phones, they may push other carriers instead of Cricket. I hope for everyones sake that the new roaming agreement will allow phones that are flashed properly by people like the merabers here to work and keep people in business.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 got a new prl nuraber 48046

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

bb 8530, samsung touchscreen with qwerty keyboard, android as we know, couple more touchscreen phones and basic phones. Just saw some pix from cricket regional managers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I owe you a beer for this. I'll be in Vegas next week Sunday through Tuesday.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information