Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket E-Mail Problems

But you did get a call from our Customer Server department, and a direct phone nuraber to reach someone (That much I do know)??? So I would recommend you follow up with them. Outside of that I'll let them take care of you from this point on.

RegarRAB

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket E-Mail Problems

Ok, so the UT Starcom site you listed says that the phone supports "Enhanced Messaging for Sending SounRAB and Emoticons" which is what I've been trying to do unsuccessfully. The PhoneScoop page says that it's not EMS compatible, and also says that it is not BREW compatible, but I have cricKet clicks on the phone and it works just fine. UT Starcom's Technical support said that I could recive picture messages as long as the resolution is low enough (65K 128x128) and the format is either JPEG, BMP, GIF or PNG and that there should be no problem recieving ringtones. I don't even recieve a message saying to go online to view the picture. Anyone know what could be causing that?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket E-Mail Problems

That doesn't make any sense, if you go into the FULL SERVER CRICKET STORE and have them send you a picture message and it doesn't come through (nor does it direct you to a website) then that means you have a problem. (Since I can't see your phone and we're going off what you tell us and the rep can see the phone our information and feedback is limited) Head to a FSCS and tell me exactly what they say, I have a feeling either you're not telling us everything or you're not telling us everything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket E-Mail Problems

... the web site is pretty specific about the im being AIM's IM forwarding, and they even have a lot of supporting documentation on it. Plus, just like any carrier, if you read the terms of service there is a very specific non-guarantee of any service. anyways good luck with your case.

Cricket E-Mail Problems

Depending on where you are located it might make sense to talk to a cricket rep, since it might be a phone issue or not setup properly (both out of your control) have you made any changes to the phone??? meaning playing around with URL's etc?

Cricket E-Mail Problems

Lost -
    Sorry about the bad customer service you've had and the poor information. Cricket doesn't support EMS messaging in their network for any phones. In addition, each phone must be certified on the network for picture messaging and the UTStarcom isn't. You'll need to get a new phone for picture messaging or e-mail to work.

Cricket E-Mail Problems

But it doesn't say that on any literature that is avalible in the store

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket E-Mail Problems

Is the picture messaging working yet?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket E-Mail Problems

If that's the case then it will most definately become a Legal issue, becasue I was told that it's supported, the information on UT Starcom's Site says that it's supported on the phone with cricKet service, the Manual says that it's supported, and I was told it was supported when I was sold the phone, not to mention the fact that other people have used FreeRingers with cricket (my mom and sister included) and that others have used it with the UT Starcom phone and cricKet service.

And the EMail was working before I had my nuraber ported in. So that is just a load of horse crap

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket E-Mail Problems

I've tried talking to cricKet's Customer service, and technical support and both of their mothers. They tell me that there's nothing wrong with the phone, nothing wrong with the service and that everything is working fine. One even told me that I was recieving the messages when I was on the phone with him, sending a half dozen tests and recieving none of them. I sent a really long detailed list of complaints and problems to cricKet Corporate outlining the problems I've had and the ones I'm still having, and complained about the Customer (Lack Of) Service Department, and how I recieve contradictory answers each time I call in and talk to a different rep. And about the promises that keep being made to me and broken. "It's being tagged as top priority, One of our lead technicians will call or text message you with an update within 48 hours" "I've forwarded this issue to my supervisor, She'll contact you by the end of the week" "The problem is red-flagged It'll be fixed within 72 hours" "We'll notify the store and they'll exchange your hanRABet for you" And the next person I talk to always says "I don't know who told you that, but this is an inbound call center, we don't make calls out to customers" (Although I did recieve 1 with the first issue I had which they fixed and called me and told me to dial the *228) or "No one would have told you that, that's not our policy".

I sent the E-Mail on Deceraber 6, 2006 and recieved an auto-response message:
    Thank you for contacting Cricket's Customer Relations department.
    We have received your email and the next available Customer Relations
    staff meraber will respond to your inquiry within the next 3 'business' days.

And have heard nothing since. I should probably post the whole message so you can all get a good laugh at it as well, but It's probably too long to fit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information