Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any learning curve when you switch from riding dirtbikes to riding street bikes?

Is it basically the same? Do the higher power engines take you by surprise the first time you ride?

I ride a honda xr250. I want to buy a ducati 848 evo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    848 or Eight Four Eight is pretty freaking fast. Imagine your 250 is making about 15+ hp and the 8-4-8 is making enough to run almost 10 second 1/4 miles! That's huge and yes you will be surprised but the best street riders are off-road riders bar none! Every top road racer rides off-road or grew up riding off-road. You will have to keep your composure and ride safe that right wrist now has access to approx 120hp if I'm not mistaken!!! Huge difference isn't it - but if you've ridden a lot of off-road riding you have the basics mastered... I would suggest finding a group of seasoned riders in your area and asking if you can ride with them some. Do you have your motorcycle license? Maybe it's not needed in your state but understand this - unlike your bike where you can whack the throttle on and nothing happens - this bike will still be accelerating when you go through the glass window of the Starbucks Coffee Shop if you aren't using your head. I'd suggest finding an MSF Safety Course in your area and taking it - it'll be the best money you ever spent and will keep you (and others) alive! Imagine a Corvette only runs 13 second 1/4 miles so you could sit on the line and go ONE.... TWO.... THREE.... and take off and beat a Vette to the end of the 1/4 with a good rider on it. That's a heck of a headstart. Ride safe because riding safe IS riding SMART!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information