Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Flashing refurbished blackberries for new accounts! No MDN

We are in the process of refurbishing some blackberries and selling them as cricket. We have fully flashed many blackberries before but with the MDN being available to us! Is there a way of flashing them in a way that we don't have to enter the MDN for the internet and wap to work? Like setting the mdn as [email protected] and updating the service books. Will that automatically activate internet and mms without having to put each customers MDN. This is vital for us to be able to wholesale them as Fully Cricket New Phones.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It does not matter what MDN is in the username fielRAB. The important part is the "@mycricket.com".
    You can set them as [email protected] and they will be fine.
    When the end user programs the phone either over the air or manually it will automatically change the MDN part of the usernames.
    More of a concern might be the PRL that is placed in them because a high percentage of BB's don't program successfully over the air, at least in my market. As an example, if you put 1015 on them and the phone is programmed manually, will these phones be able to take advantage of Cricket's new nationwide coverage? The answer is NO.
    Your safest bet will be to load the latest EVDO nationwide PRL on them in case the phone does not program successfully with *ACT (*228).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

please familiarize yourself with the posted rules found in my signature or the thread stickies, pda discussions belong in the pda subforum. Since I have not seen this discussion a lot I will move it rather than close.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What checo said is correct...I have to reflash the refurbs I get from a wholesaler with 4399. I had to buy CDMA WS after the new rates came out.

Plus the EVDO speed on the new PRL is much improved over the 1X speeRAB of older PRLs. Only drawback is the battery runs out faster with an EVDO PRL. If you turn off the data services when you aren't using it, it's not noticeable though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So the best way would be to put a nationwide roaming prl like the 4399, or what would that prl be so i can find it! Thx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information