Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

*228 used to work but a while back I did a Diamond for a friend and *228 didn't work on her phone so I tried it on mine and it didn't work. Now Cricket is in NATIONWIDE Coverage and I need to *228 to download the new info. Can anyone help me that might know why my phone isn't doing it? Something I didn't do in the settings? I haven't had any problems with the phone, WAP/MMS works fine but since they upgraded to nationwide, All the area's I was roaming is now full coverage and I cannot get my text messages and I'd really like to take advantage of this.

Can someone please help? Or give me the new PRL file?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

Have you tried just plain old *2, if it's a Sprint hanRABet that might cure the problem.

question, what does it do or not do when you dial *228? Does it connect, then the otasp fails? Does it not connect?

If it fails try using a differnet PRL like 1050 to OTASP. If it doesn't connect try the *2.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

it gives the jingle saying welcome to cricket and to wait for programming that can take up to a couple minutes. about 30 seconRAB later it sayys unable to program phone and to refer to readme first card bla bla...

i think it connects and starts to download but fails... idk ill try that now...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

nothing workks. *2, *228, i cant even update it to 1050. if i try, i click ok to update and it restarts the phone and when i open epst its still showing 38515

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

and i can fix this how? i cant seem to change the prl at all. it keeps resetting the phone and nothing gets changed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

Ok. I'm guessing the 4399 is the Nationwide thats supposed to replace my ABQ 38515 since I upgraded?

The problem was when they did the nationwide thing, I lost text messaging in roaming area's, where I live! Turns out those roaming area's are now full coverage. But I called and the lady said she upgraded it and just gotta *228.

I just pulled up the phone in qpst and got it switched to 4399. But still no coverage, may be my house. I wont be able to find out for sure till tomorrow.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

I would defenately try the OTASP where you know that the cricket native coverage is.

*228 Not Working...

Thats what I was doing earlier. I drove into town to *228. I was emailing on here from my phone. Maybe that 38515 screwed it up.

Any news on that 4399. I'm a little afraid of it not working in my coverage area and leaving me with no phone tomorrow. haha I'm low on gas and gotta travel a long way to run some erranRAB haha.

*228 Not Working...

Da ****! Ok see I went to cricket today after putting the 4399 on my phone and not having internet ALLLL day. Just to make sure my nationwide service has been setup right.

But before I did I installed 1042 and got my web back, but it does not have roaming. So Whitey gave me a folder with a bunch of new PRL's, Roaming and Non roaming. They ALL work exactly the way they are supposed to, somewhat.

The girl at the cricket store upgraded my account and told me the PRL should be 6249 I believe. I thought I had it in that file, but no soup! So I just install 6299 which is a non roaming. Works fine, however looses complete service right outside of the city. I'm from New Mexico, and the coverage maps are showing all the highways have full coverage. So I stopped up the road and pulled out the laptop. Started messin with PRL's. Only the ones with roaming will get service halfway to my house, but only roaming. As soon as I start driving up the road I lose text messaging completely. WTF?

before this change I had digital roaming all the way to my house and could text anyone I wanted. Now I can't even text halfway down the mountain. I thought this was supposed to be better coverage, now its showing to be worse.

What can I do? I'm gonna sit around the house and try those other prl files again to see if I can get text messaging. Including the 38515.

However I did get *228 working but it downloaded the 4399 prl which kills my web.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*228 Not Working...

Alright. I called Cricket today and told them about my roaming issue since the upgrade. I was told by the girl at Cricket not to *228 cause it will unflash my phone lol. I told her that was strange cause it hasn't done it for the tons of phones I've flashed for others. When I'd *228 it would download the 4399 PRL.... But I'd lose my web.

Well I called today and talked to an american! yes they do hire americans it now turns out. The guy knew everything I was talking about with PRL Files and what not, since the other girl thought the PRL was the SID... He told me of a few PRL's for cricket, the 4 non roaming PRL's which Whitey gave me and a couple other roaming prl's. He didn't know any way I could download them except via programming. He reactivated my roaming since the other girl screwed that up. And I *228 and a 41115 PRL shows up. Roaming and the coverage area works pretty good. HOWEVER I lose Web...

When on this PRL the Username/Password is invalid. Anyone got this issue? Same issue I had with 4399.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information